SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    this buisness of paying off Wal Mart lay away accounts
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

this buisness of paying off Wal Mart lay away accounts Login/Join 
posted
I gotta wonder if all the "do gooder" , generous and well intentioned filthy rich people,

take a good hard look at what the hell they are
paying for ( gifting) people.

Just my guess , but maybe 30% of the stuff they payed for will actually be very much needed, stuff like cloths for the kids, school supplies,
shoes, coats, mittens, boots, you know essentials.

yes kids need toys to play with and bikes to ride, tricycles and ball gloves.

Call me a Grinch if you feel the need ,
but I.M.O.

there are tons of people that can not pay their past due
doctor, dentist or hospital ( e.r.) bills.

why not go to the local not for profit hospital
and speak with the billing desk and go through a huge wad of cash paying off already delinquent
bills ?

or

take your $400,000.00 to Wal Mart
peruse the items in layaway that would most likely be considered essential or necessities.
spend $133,333.00 there
then!

swing by the hospital
cancer center or children's hospital and drop
$266,666.00
and pay off a lot of peoples bills for services they've received .

The lay away people have a plan, a mission and are trying at least to stay debt free , and avoiding poor credit ratings in the future.

A better way to help those with health problems would be to help them stay away from poor credit and huge interest rates.

there is giving , and then there is helping , why not do both?

( p.s. I will never , ever be able to do what these people are doing , so I can in no way relate to their thought process)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grinch

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I believe it is probably not healthy to dwell on what other people you don't even know do with their own money.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So what, it's their money, they can do what they want...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hv5h2PRI6o

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
All the money in the world can't turn back time, buy health or compensate for the lost experiences life offers

X2. One of the things I cited for retiring from full time work last year. Ex-boss tried to use the line on me to keep me working longer "The one who dies with the most toys wins." To which I replied "And you are still dead, your heirs win"

Let the kids have a holiday that will give them good memories. It might be the only good memory for the whole year they have.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What would the guys at the Shell station think of this grinchery?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRK---Thank you!! I was at that concert and that was one of my favorites! So true!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

they are way too busy , selling their grain and cashing huge checks to be hanging out at the shell station.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

they are way too busy , selling their grain and cashing huge checks to be hanging out at the shell station.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to personalize too much, but if I want to burn 100 dollar bills in my fireplace, it's not your business.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Not to personalize too much, but if I want to burn 100 dollar bills in my fireplace, it's not your business.

for the win!

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

It must cost a fortune to heat that place!

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Sour grapes make a potent whine. Wink

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
somebody needs a nap

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
somebody needs a nap

No I think just not get up on the crabby side.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
So your bar tab didn't get paid and hence your attitude?

I'll echo what was said above...it's my money (or property) to do with as I please. It's not your concern. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I think that the original person doing this knew that eventually his name would get out and it would be good PR...

I heard Glen Beck talking about it today, he went and paid off some lay-a-way and the people started getting emails and text messages about the account beong paid off and come get your stuff.....Beck said he had no idea and that he was not able to stay ananomys

he also touched on doing something kind like this should be done quietly...and not bragging...

personally, do what you want to with your money...if you feel good and you have helped someone-Great.

I donate to the Shriners hospitals for kids becasue they once helped my big brother. and my parents and our family can never re-pay what they did for us-so I try to pay it forward to kids who don't have the means....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

May I have the ashes, please.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I agree with the OP, I think it’s a waste but it ain’t my money.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post