SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seiko Marinemaster quartz watch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seiko Marinemaster quartz watch Login/Join 
posted
Any members own this watch i have my eye on the sbbn033 version thanks

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should be in our long running watch thread. There are a lot of sharp people such as Rogue.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
That one has had my eye for a while now. It would be a good choice.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
sbbn033

It's a well made watch.

Did a little research on the movement, and it's a good one. Lumibrite, Ti shroud. It's a winner.

Review below is for a similar version with the 7c46 movement.

--------

Seiko Tuna 7C46-7009 of 1986, this watch has an altogether more serious specs sheet. For a start, as is the case for all of the top-end Tunas, the case is titanium with a ceramic shroud to absorb knocks and scratches. This is also a monobloc case which means that the movement is services and loaded through the front, thus removing the need for an opening caseback.
Seiko Tuna S23631 1000m
PIN IT

Inside both of these watches is one of the best technical quartz movements on the market: the Seiko 7C46. This 7-jewel movement with the day, the date, high torque and an end-of-life indicator is not to be confused with affordable quartz movements. This is a movement chosen for reliability, accuracy and durability rather than cost cutting. Importantly, the high torque of this movement was in important feature when selecting the hands of these watches.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post