SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone getting an energy report from your wifi thermostat?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone getting an energy report from your wifi thermostat? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
We just got one in the email from the Sensi company. My inlaws did too.

Our 20 yr old furnace ran 225 hours.

My inlaws 95% unit ran 130 hours. (smaller house and no dog to let in and out)

This was in southeast Michigan. Temps averaged low 30s in November.

Wish I knew where that stood locally.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a wifi thermostat but do have a smart electric meter. My electric company sends me a report on air conditioning usage, and I’m not sure how they know which circuits the power is going to after it passes thru their smart meter. I have 2 ACs (ie it takes more than 5 tons of cooling) which makes it tougher.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Yes, got it first time this month. Only able to see in email, can't access real time in app or online.

Looks like three heat units ran 28, 71 and 32 hours, a/c 2, 3 and 26. Who can pick out the bedroom unit for a menopausal woman?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Yes.

It's Sensi trying to sell their new monthly service.

Buncha bullshit.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have a Honeywell thermostat and get one each month that compares usage to the same month last year.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I have a Honeywell thermostat and get one each month that compares usage to the same month last year.

I have several(4) wifi honeywells. One is fairly sophisticated but none give me a report on runtime.

How do you get a report on run time?

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nest sends a monthly report of how many hours you've run, how many the month before average for the area of nesters as they refer to customers.

It really would be nice if you could pull down historical data in a spreadsheet, so you could compare hours used over time vs having to log it yourself.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post