SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best email client for Android
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best email client for Android Login/Join 
posted
I am a newer member to the forum, but my husband is a long time member and he said that you where the people to ask for sound advice.

My husband and I are Boost mobile customers. My cell phone (LG G3) died a couple weeks ago unexpectedly. I managed 6 different mails from the phone. I had my gmail (through the gmail app), 2 yahoo mails (through the yahoo app), and 3 additional emails that I use to manage an all women shooting event that I coordinate for our rifle and pistol club using the email client that came on the phone.

My new cell phone (LG Stylo 3) did not come with an email client, only Gmail. I added the yahoo app, no problem. But there are so many different email clients out there I don't know where to turn. I have heard Outlook is not very user friendly on Android devices. I need to be able to keep the 3 emails separate, have automatic bcc on all emails I send, and custom signatures for each email. I am lost now, and forced to use godaddy online to manage my event.

Any advice on what app to look at would be greatly appreciate.

I also found the text messaging app that came with the new phone very limited. You cannot add a signature, and you cannot send attachments unless you exit the app, go to the attachment location and share. If you have a text messenger you love that would be great too.

And yes.... I have buyers remorse. But when your phone screen dies with no warning sometime you have to take what is available. Roll Eyes

Bonnie

Posts: 21 | Location: Central FL South of the Mouse | Registered: July 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
I use K9 for personal

Touchdown for work / outlook compatability

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Bluemail for email.

Google messenger app for texting.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You can actually use the Gmail app to manage other email accounts at the same time. Also the Outlook app from Microsoft can manage multiple email accounts. Those would be the only two I have used besides the generic email client that has always been provided an my phones.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to use a web email client like Gmail then try Bluemail. I use it for my work email and it is good.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
You can actually use the Gmail app to manage other email accounts at the same time. Also the Outlook app from Microsoft can manage multiple email accounts. Those would be the only two I have used besides the generic email client that has always been provided an my phones.

This.

I use the Gmail app for a couple Gmail accounts, a Microsoft Exchange account, and a Hotmail account. No problems with any of them.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Exchange works very well

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The is a free Android version of Outlook, if you want compatibility with MS programs.

I use it for my fed.gov clients as it makes getting email to them a tad bit faster.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Personally, if it were me, I'd manage all of those email accounts through your Gmail as it does a great job handling multiple addresses. Here's how to get started.... How to Import & Manage Multiple Email Accounts in Gmail

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm a retired I.T. guy who's administered, amongst other things, mail servers. So if it means anything coming from somebody who used to live, eat, sleep, breath and dream email Wink, K9 Mail was my choice. I used it for all of my email accounts (averaged about five at any point in time), including my rarely-used Gmail account.

I tried pretty much all the others and they all came up lacking. Blue Mail would've been my 2nd choice.

N.B.: I no longer use Android devices.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have the same phone and I like its size. I've had Outlook for years. The Gmail works cleanest for me, no ads. Only thing I've had a issue with is the size of attachments is limited. I send some photos and generally am restricted to 3 in one email. I have no service now so its wifi for me.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
The Gmail works cleanest for me, no ads. Only thing I've had a issue with is the size of attachments is limited.

That's generally a mail server limit, not an email client one, and will depend on the size of the photos.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
The Gmail works cleanest for me, no ads. Only thing I've had a issue with is the size of attachments is limited.

That's generally a mail server limit, not an email client one, and will depend on the size of the photos.
And it becomes a total non-issue when people wise up and start sending links to pics as opposed to the pics themselves. I get onto my wife constantly for pulling that nonsense and then bitching about bounced emails.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

This.

I use the Gmail app for a couple Gmail accounts, a Microsoft Exchange account, and a Hotmail account. No problems with any of them.

I 3rd, or 4th or whatever it is.

Use Gmail app.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for all the information - you guys are great!!! I have some research to do this weekend.

Bonnie

Posts: 21 | Location: Central FL South of the Mouse | Registered: July 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post