SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I now wish all illegal drug users would die!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I now wish all illegal drug users would die! Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
This thread is heading off the rails. It started off with dental work and pain meds but has now headed into the twilight zone.

It is actually right on schedule. Those who profit emotionally and monetarily from trying to convince people that druggies are poor, poor victims always resort to this type of stuff. The alcohol ruse is the golden goose to them as it allows a false third grade style narrative to be created. And pretty much from there it is the same lack of self control cussing, claiming that anyone who disagrees is intellectually dishonest, and tactics not unlike what you see from the left of attempted to shout down what they don't agree with.

It's real hard to argue with facts and what we see day to day. But, you will never be able to reason with people who see no problem in spending millions of your money to save people who don't want to be saved. They are completely OK with actions with no consequence. You just have to preface it with junk science of the tale of poor, poor Johnny, or you have to attach "God I hope this never happens to your family" and you're all good.

LOL - Sorry fella, but you’re just wrong. Dead wrong. Since when did you develop a sense of clairvoyance?

You have absolutely no fucking idea what is motivating any of us to respond to this thread.

Rather, you impute your own character failings onto others posting on a subject which you have already stated your own ignorant views.

Since you’re the expert… Why don’t you tell us what causes addiction. Why don’t you develop the policies to help and tell us why they are better? The floor is yours:

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
This thread is heading off the rails. It started off with dental work and pain meds but has now headed into the twilight zone.

It is actually right on schedule. Those who profit emotionally and monetarily from trying to convince people that druggies are poor, poor victims always resort to this type of stuff. The alcohol ruse is the golden goose to them as it allows a false third grade style narrative to be created. And pretty much from there it is the same lack of self control cussing, claiming that anyone who disagrees is intellectually dishonest, and tactics not unlike what you see from the left of attempted to shout down what they don't agree with.

It's real hard to argue with facts and what we see day to day. But, you will never be able to reason with people who see no problem in spending millions of your money to save people who don't want to be saved. They are completely OK with actions with no consequence. You just have to preface it with junk science of the tale of poor, poor Johnny, or you have to attach "God I hope this never happens to your family" and you're all good.

LOL - Sorry fella, but you’re just wrong. Dead wrong. Since when did you develop a sense of clairvoyance?

You have absolutely no fucking idea what is motivating any of us to respond to this thread.

Rather, you impute your own character failings onto others posting on a subject which you have already stated your own ignorant views.

Since you’re the expert… Why don’t you tell us what causes addiction. Why don’t you develop the policies to help and tell us why they are better? The floor is yours:

Why so angry Signified? It is an emotional issue but we get nowhere with this type of response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am motivated to respond to this thread because I like pie. My love of pie is what enables me to continue going on with life when I am faced with everyday challenges. My love of pie is what makes me able to cope with the most serious of challenges as well. The sweet taste of pie is what keeps me from having to post pictures of a cat on Facebook, and what keeps me from cutting the valve stems off the tires of people who park poorly. If I eat too much pie, I will get fat, and get the beeties, and that would be bad, but who has the right to keep me from my pie? Let me buy or make as much or as little pie as I want and leave me alone. If I die from pie then leave me to my just deserts. Searching for the cause of addiction may seem like a noble pursuit to some, but what is the point? You might as well try and figure out why water is wet. I like pie, it is as simple as that.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Addiction is hard to define. I'm addicted to food, having had at least one meal per day over all of my years. On the subject of pie, I've heard that even mediocre pie is better than good cake. But none of that gets me pain medicine when by most objective standards I qualify for it.

If you want to keep me from eating my supper, cake or pie, lets fight over it. I'm too old to fight fair, so if you decide we need to fight, I'll just shoot you and be done with it. Fair enough?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no love for either alcoholics or illegally druggies. Alcohol does a lot of damage to families and innocent people. But, alcohol doesn't add an incredible criminal element of drug dealers, drug trafficers, and the killings and overall crime and degredation to society that they add.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
(Ignoring 5 or so pages Big Grin)

I'd find a new dentist. My guy slings em for root canals/extractions.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I have no love for either alcoholics or illegally druggies. Alcohol does a lot of damage to families and innocent people. But, alcohol doesn't add an incredible criminal element of drug dealers, drug trafficers, and the killings and overall crime and degredation to society that they add.

It sure as hell did when alcohol was illegal.

Hey, wait a minute......

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:

It sure as hell did when alcohol was illegal.

Hey, wait a minute......

That is true, but none of us were around 100 years ago!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

Why so angry Signified? It is an emotional issue but we get nowhere with this type of response.

This is actually pretty normal from him, and right on track as well. Once you get past the emotional extortion of his argument, it is nothing but nanny state BS and hypocrisy. You can take just about all of it and substitute guns each time you read addiction and that tells the tale.

Let adults do what they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. If they screw up, put them in jail. If they want to drink until their liver falls out, so be it. If they want to smoke drain cleaner, so be it. Stop spending money trying to "save" people that do not want to be saved. Those who do not profit from the "War on Addiction" don't care about why, I certainly do not. Let free will be.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cut it out

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
alcohol doesn't add an incredible criminal element of drug dealers, drug trafficers, and the killings and overall crime and degredation to society that they add.
I take it that you have never stumbled on a moonshiner's still in the back country. You might have a different opinion if you had that experience.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
alcohol doesn't add an incredible criminal element of drug dealers, drug trafficers, and the killings and overall crime and degredation to society that they add.
I take it that you have never stumbled on a moonshiner's still in the back country. You might have a different opinion if you had that experience.

It's like these morons have never heard of Al Capone.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Al Capone is dead and alcohol is legal. What’s your point?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are quick to use Prohibition as an example of why gun bans won't work. Why do we not apply the same philosophy to drug bans?

I've never consumed alcohol or illegal drugs, so this is not a personal quest. I just think it is silly to spend trillions of dollars on a losing effort.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I just had some oral surgery. But my mouth hurts really bad. I've had similar surgery/extractions before and the guy always prescribed some fairly strong pain pills that got me through the first day or so. All that was needed.

Yup. Last time I had oral surgery I was prescribed Percocet.

quote:
Now at 3 hours after the appointment, my mouth still hurts really bad. I asked for some strong pain medicine, but the fool only prescribed extra strength tylenol. Not nearly enough.

So what does a person to do? Go to the ER and see if they'll help? This is awful, and I assume its because druggies abuse the system so legitimate people in need are punished.

More likely it's because doctors are being accused of over-prescribing opioid pain relievers, so they're beginning to become more discriminating.

Same thing happened with diazepam (Valium). It was so over-prescribed, at one point, so badly abused, doctors are reluctant to prescribe it at all to this day.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have run across some stills here in Kentucky on a few occasions, really nice people. Kind of like what you see on the Andy Griffith show. But a search warrant for a drug house, now that's different. Things can and have gone to shit real quick when dealing with that scum. Also having to watch out for syringes so you don't get stuck and catch the HIV or whatnot. I agree that both are addictions/diseases but after twenty seven years in law enforcement I don't see how you can compare the two. The courts here are overloaded like a motherf*@ker with drugs cases. Its insane.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:...I have run across some stills here in Kentucky on a few occasions, really nice people. Kind of like what you see on the Andy Griffith show....

My neighbor was born in the Ozarks, his dad was a 'stiller. One day the dad didn't come back home, they found him propped up sitting against a tree, empty bottle in hand, was too drunk to move, died of exposure.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm more of the mind that 'I wish they'd not abuse drugs in the first place.'

Never comprehended the concept of 'Recreational Drugs use.'

If I want to escape reality, it's done by reading a good book, watching a good movie, chasing DX (ham radio), taking pictures or some other non-drug induced activity,

Besides - the happy drug(s) my body produces for me are better and cheaper.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Al Capone is dead and alcohol is legal. What’s your point?

I don't know what his point is, but illegal drugs are illegal because we made them illegal. People commit other crimes to get illegal drugs because making them illegal pushes the price way up. Alcoholics can buy a bottle of Thunderbird for very little money. It also creates a whole market that can, by definition, be served only by criminals.

Legalizing what are now illegal drugs would cut a lot of crime out of the drug business. Seagrams could sell weed. Legal cocaine or heroin would be cheap, and not sold by thugs on the street corner. There would not be drug houses were they sell illegal meth. Exactly as happened when prohibition was repealed. It put the mob out of the liquor smuggling business.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
I just had some oral surgery. But my mouth hurts really bad. I've had similar surgery/extractions before and the guy always prescribed some fairly strong pain pills that got me through the first day or so. All that was needed.

Yup. Last time I had oral surgery I was prescribed Percocet.

quote:
Now at 3 hours after the appointment, my mouth still hurts really bad. I asked for some strong pain medicine, but the fool only prescribed extra strength tylenol. Not nearly enough.

So what does a person to do? Go to the ER and see if they'll help? This is awful, and I assume its because druggies abuse the system so legitimate people in need are punished.

More likely it's because doctors are being accused of over-prescribing opioid pain relievers, so they're beginning to become more discriminating.

Same thing happened with diazepam (Valium). It was so over-prescribed, at one point, so badly abused, doctors are reluctant to prescribe it at all to this day.

Well that and because diazepam is highly addicting and is from one of few classes of medications that withdrawal from it can actually kill you...just like alcohol. Hmmmmmm

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post