SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I now wish all illegal drug users would die!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I now wish all illegal drug users would die! Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I think you should point the blame at those restricting your access for pain mgmt; not some unrelated junkie.

Focus on the regulators who think they know better than your doc or your own self. "They" believe that opiates get everyone hooked; couldn't be more wrong.

Perhaps up to 15-20% of the population is at risk. That means that conservatively 80-85% ARE FINE TAKING NARCOTICS with no risk of addiction.

Typical elitist gubberment making regulations that hurt more than they help. SOSDD.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
all drugs should be for sale over the counter to anyone over 21. No prescriptions required, no questions asked. You want morphine, you get morphine, Percocet, no problem. It works for alcohol it is fine for pot and tobacco, why not the rest of the drugs? Then I would not need to wait for 20 minutes while they decide if I can have a box of cold medicine. Corrects quite a few problems, and frees up the courts!

Yeah, no.

The problem won't correct itself, because after we give them all the drugs they want, we will try to save them, as poor, poor victims of the oppression of addiction.

Now, if you're talking legalize it all, and spend not ONE DIME on treatment, government handouts, etc, then I'm ok with the idea.

We are flushing millions in taxpayer dollars down the shitter in Kentucky trying to "save" people who don't want to be saved. Well, until they get arrested, and then they just need that one chance to get clean, and then they get out of it, and fall right back into the same lifestyle once there is no "or else" in their life.

I don't care, nor do I want to hear the whining of "I pray it doesn't happen to your family" and all the fake angst that is ginned up to make me feel bad for addicts. I do not feel bad. If churches or family wants to help them, so be it. It's a free country. But, throwing millions at rehab shams and programs like "DON'T LET THEM DIE!!!!!!!!!!" aren't fiscally responsible, and it is throwing money down a well for people that have no other interest in anything other than where their next high comes from.

I care not why poor, poor little Johnny can't quit. If that makes me a horrible person, I'm perfectly good with it. It's hilarious that we are big on personal responsibility, until it comes to druggies, and then all kinds of studies, and theories, and emotion comes out. If you suffered through this, I am sorry. I truly am. If you had/have a loved one go through this, I am sorry. But, until we hold people accountable through the justice system, or by some other means, I can't in good faith say legalize this or that, all the while watching millions on feel good "DON'T LET THEM DIE!!!!!!!!" programs, and mandatory NARCAN to save people that have ZERO interest in being saved.

(not directed at Stlhead)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
Actually for the OP, 600-800 mg Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours is as effective (or more effective), than any narcotic, with fewer side effects. Just make sure to get ahead of the pain and don't wait it out, and take with something in your stomach. I'd skip the Tylenol.

Sorry, I don't buy that BULLSHIT for an instant.

If you want to debate it, cause a compound fracture of your right leg, or herniate the L1-L2 disc so that it compresses your spinal cord, or drive a motorcycle into a stopped car at 60 mph with all that entails, and then tell me Ibuprofen and Tylenol is better for pain management than narcotics.

And yes, I've BTDTGTCCATS for all three.

Specifically referring to the OP and oral surgery post-op pain, but yes, narcotics have a place in chronic pain management and - sometimes - severe acute pain. Narcotics have been thought to be more effective than they actually are in management of post-op pain in general however, and have been substantially overused by the profession - not always, but often. Should also clarify that comment re-Ibuprofen is from current peer-reviewed literature regarding oral/maxillofacial surgery pain, and 40+ years of practice experience - maybe you have more. Your individual anecdote, and your need and tolerance for narcotics, may differ. I would likely have prescribed some Tylenol #3 and Ibuprofen, starting with the Ibuprofen and using Codeine as needed, but the OP was asking about going to the ER for a three hour wait among the unwashed unwell, when he could start taking Ibuprofen right now with some potential relief.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This. Tell him either he treats you appropriately or:

- He'll never see another dollar from you
- You'll report him to the state medical board
- You'll complain all over the web, so that any potential patient that looks him up will never even think of using him.

quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
call the dentist office and raise hell. It is unethical for them to leave you in that kind of pain

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
call the dentist office and raise hell. It is unethical for them to leave you in that kind of pain

This exactly. Opioids have a purpose, and that is short term pain relief. Especially after surgery. I would raise hell. Go back and camp out until you get an RX.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I concur with the OP. I’m at that state in life where I’m going through some very invasive ortho and dental procedures. FUCKIN JUNKIES!! The unreasonable amount of pain I’m forced to bear is directly related to the actions of FUCKIN JUNKIES. Not to mention all the other criminal activities they are involved with.

NO ONE IN GOVERNMENT should have the right to tell a doctor how to practice medicine.

There...I said it Eek

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I just got Tabitha a set of implants put in last week.

Since I am paying for it in cash, they are giving her anything she wants for pain to the dismay of the hillbillies at the practice.

Leave the dentist a shit review on google and yelp, that will get his attention.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Actually for the OP, 600-800 mg Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours is as effective (or more effective), than any narcotic, with fewer side effects. Just make sure to get ahead of the pain and don't wait it out, and take with something in your stomach. I'd skip the Tylenol.

This. I don't tolerate stuff like Vicodin, it's makes me really nauseated, so the few times I've needed pain control, that's what I've taken. My cousin had torn up a knee while in another country and that's what the Dr. prescribed him. He told me about it when I separated a shoulder while at a family reunion. I also used it after hernia surgery.
Double this. Tylenol is weak crap for even minor pain. Get the Aleve brand and get some pain relief. It costs more but gets right to the root of the pain. Even when its got no root... Big Grin Seriously, Aleve is good for pain.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darvocet.....before it was banned was what some Dentist's handed out to patients who had extreme dental work.

I dated a dental assistant at the time who gave me Darvocet to ease the leg pain whenever I had a bad skydive landing and with my using surplus military parachute gear, that was common.

Dental assistant and I broke up and I kicked the habit.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you want to debate it, cause a compound fracture of your right leg, or herniate the L1-L2 disc so that it compresses your spinal cord, or drive a motorcycle into a stopped car at 60 mph with all that entails, and then tell me Ibuprofen and Tylenol is better for pain management than narcotics.

Specifically referring to the OP and oral surgery post-op pain, but yes, narcotics have a place in chronic pain management and - sometimes - severe acute pain. Narcotics have been thought to be more effective than they actually are in management of post-op pain in general however, and have been substantially overused by the profession - not always, but often. Should also clarify that comment re-Ibuprofen is from current peer-reviewed literature regarding oral/maxillofacial surgery pain, and 40+ years of practice experience - maybe you have more. Your individual anecdote, and your need and tolerance for narcotics, may differ. I would likely have prescribed some Tylenol #3 and Ibuprofen, starting with the Ibuprofen and using Codeine as needed, but the OP was asking about going to the ER for a three hour wait among the unwashed unwell, when he could start taking Ibuprofen right now with some potential relief.
I wouldnt think he would need a narcotic for a extracted tooth right ? Unless there may be some nerve damage. Ive had teeth extracted and never needed any kind of pain reliever. Im from New York state where people are not so tough. People from Kentucky are more parful and strong... Big Grin. Hang in there rburg. It will ease up.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Double this. Tylenol is weak crap for even minor pain. Get the Aleve brand and get some pain relief. It costs more but gets right to the root of the pain. Even when its got no root... Big Grin Seriously, Aleve is good for pain.

Aleve is all I use (unless prescribed something).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I once needed a root canal and started taking my saved meds to control the pain. When it came time to go to the doctor I had to have somebody else drive.

I was still halfway high at the time, but the doctor said something about pain meds not working for pain above your shoulders the same as in the rest of your body. That probably explains why I could barely walk but still had tooth pain.

I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I'm a big baby when it's tooth pain. I wish you well rburg.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I remember having sinus surgery 20 years ago---above the neck. I had my RX, and my dad was driving me to the pharmacy to pick it up before going home, and the hospital pain meds were wearing off. Just...wow. Like a nail going in my head. I was on Percocet for 3-4 days, and it was very much necessary. You are not going to become an addict from 2-3 days of pain meds. This is ridiculous.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I read briefly that the Sturgeon General wants us ALL to carry Narcam.
And why should I carry Narcan?

the war on opiods...I guess the war on drugs was a little too generalized so this is more specific

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
4 Advil an 2 Tylenol for anything in the mouth. Narcotics never really worked well for anything oral.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wouldnt think he would need a narcotic for a extracted tooth right ? Unless there may be some nerve damage. Ive had teeth extracted and never needed any kind of pain reliever. Im from New York state where people are not so tough. People from Kentucky are more parful and strong... Big Grin. Hang in there rburg. It will ease up.

Not all extractions are equal.

20 years ago I had to have a damaged tooth extracted. After the extraction I drove myself back to work. I never even took the Tylenol they offered me, I didn't need it.

Recently I started the process of replacing some crowns that are failing, and causing unpleasant infections. The end result will be implants. So I recently had 2 extractions, and let me tell you they were MUCH worse than the one I had 20 years ago. One side of my entire face doubled in size, and stayed that way for days. And yes, it hurt.

Bad enough that I took the *serious* drugs they offered me, for an entire day before I switched to Motrin. (Which I found to be not as effective, but reasonably close so good enough.)

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has long term back pain from a car accident. The doctor originally prescribed oxycontin. Then, to get him off oxycontin the doctor prescribed methadone. One day he shows up at a performance nearly out of his mind with methadone haze. Now, he can't get methadone. He is struggling to go cold turkey off the stuff. He swears he will never go on any pain killer again. I can't imagine how the average person can survive with the medical community prescribing opi-narcotics. I hope I never have pain that is debilitating. All I used for back injury was bourbon. That was bad enough -- started a bad habit of enjoying expensive bourbon!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, rburg. I have to get special auth for my pain meds now.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Codeine is all that helped when I had an abcess as a teen. When I had my jaw sawed on to get a wisdom tooth out they prescribed lortab. It made me feel like shit to a degree I didn’t think possible. Big doses of ibuprofen got me through that experience.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I read briefly that the Sturgeon General wants us ALL to carry Narcam.
And why should I carry Narcan?

I hadn't realized it was readily available to the general public. I'm actually tempted to get some - not because I, my family, or my friends use opioids (none of us do), but because it is so easy to overdose through accidental skin contact with tiny, easily-overlooked amounts of fentanyl some druggie left somewhere.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post