SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bose Wave Radio
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bose Wave Radio Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I bought my Bose Wave Radio – the original model – in 1996. I've used it nearly every day since for casual listening to classical music. And it's my wake up machine. After all these years it's still like new, except that the fluorescent display is a bit dim. And the neat little IR remote is like new too, except that the most-used buttons now have a polished finish rather than the original matte finish. Its CR2032 battery is good for more than a year, despite frequent use. It has proved to be WELL worth the price.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
We have an original Wave Radio, and a Wave iPod player. My parents have a Wave gizmo that is about three times taller than the Wave Radio. No complaints. Buy once, cry once. Will be updating the player to Bluetooth for modern phone use.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked out Bose about the same time you bought yours, the sound was atrocious, and the sales person told me that was as good as they could get out of it. Maybe I should give it another try.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
We have a basic Bose wave from mid 2000. It has been great.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Did you get yours with the "platform" that makes it WiFi enabled? If so, you can play your iTunes music through it, and also, if you subscribe, Amazon music. In one afternoon I downloaded 114 incredible albums.

The sound is good for something that size.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago, wife and I went on a hunt for a decent second gen one to use as a "bluetooth speaker on steroids" after seeing how simple yet muscular these things are. They hold their value because there is nothing else on the market quite like them.

It's great. If it shit the bed we would have to find another one.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
ive got the Bose soundbar

love it !

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Bose sound bar. Pricey but awesome.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have had a Wave radio since they first appeared - they had them in the hotel where I was staying in Washington DC, and ordered one when I went home.

I like them so much I bought two for my parents and one for my brother.

They're great radios and sound better than one would think for its size. I've never had any desire to look at other models.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My mom has one that is nearly that old.

To my ears they sound better than the average small tabletop radio, but they don't sound fabulous. They are obviously built to last, but I had a Sony radio of the same ilk that also lasted 20 years.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Knew a guy with the Acoustic Wave (taller than the wave radio).
Cranked up to max volume & crisp clear sound with no distortion. Could hear throughout a mid-sized 1 story house.

Haven't looked in a long time, but they were something like $999 at the time.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I had the original Boom Box style when they came out. Was amazed at the quality of sound that thing produced. And it had a battery filled base so you could take it to the beach for party times. Well worth the money. Also had a Wave Radio. Sounds fantastic for it's size IMO.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my wife one about 5 years ago. Recently lost the remote..almost no control without it, but ordered a new one for cheap and got it in 2 days. Then found the other. Still works great.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our first Bose Wave was great, until I dropped something on it, affected the display! The replacement is going great after 10 years! We listen to CD's mainly, cause where we are now there is only one classical station we have found. We are both almost 70 and both of us have hearing issues. My hearing aids don't t work so well outside in the wind, and doing chores with the horses, so I rarely wear them. My wife, well not a discussion I want have with her!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post