SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump campaigns in Alabama
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump campaigns in Alabama Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
Pres. Trump will appear in Huntsville, AL on Saturday with Senate candidate Luther Strange. Mitch McConnell supports the Strange candidacy also. This troubles me. I see Big Luther as a typical crooked politician who bought his (temporary) seat from disgraced and resigning governor Bentley. Strange represents all that is wrong with Washington. olfuzzy on Big Luther Sure, BL is running as a conservative; hell, this is Ala-yellahamma-bama, fer cryin' out loud. But I fear he only aspires to enrich himself while pissing on Alabamian's and our shoes.

BL's opponent is the infamous Judge Roy Moore. Check him out here: Moore's positions. I would have thought that Trump would have backed Moore, not some swamp creature wannabe.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two horrible choices. At least Alabama got rid of Bentley. The new governor is doing a good job of cleaning up a big mess.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
You are right. BL is swampy. I'm disappointed. I don't like Moore either. I'm disappointed all around.

Plus, there will be a no fly zone setup for trumps visit and that is gonna mess up next weekend for several of us.

I still trust trump but my heart says he is making a mistake with BL. I'm just gonna hope he knows something I don't.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Elect Moore then elect someone else next time if Moore falls on his face. Once Big Luther is elected, he will hold on forever.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moore's past actions make me leery of him, he likes to take strange positions on stuff. He was removed from his position in the past due to that. At times he seems to be unhinged.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Luther, good or bad, but I see no evidence of some quid pro quo backroom deal with the former governor. Bentley went down hard, even to the point that he was booked and finger-printed as a part of his removal from office. Bentley gained nothing from appointing Strange to fill Sessions' spot.

Moore scares me. He is extremely bright, but I don't think he is completely right in the head. I think he has some serious demagoguery in him.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Watching Trump in Huntsville: we now know now he is endorsing and stumping for BL. When Trump called BL to ask for his support/vote on healthcare, Luther, behind in the polls, extracted tonight's appearance for his vote.

posted Hide Post
I am going to vote for Strange on Tuesday. Then go home and drink myself silly. They both suck giant donkey dick. I just think big L is the lesser (just slightly) of two evils.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post