SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    poison ivy on dogs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

poison ivy on dogs Login/Join 
Picture of side_shot
posted
i didn't realize dogs could get it milo is the shortest dog i have had a beagle mix anyone have a dog get this
image upload no resize

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I didn't know canines could get poison ivy.
I thought they were immune.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a dog have a reaction to poison ivy. That looks more like lesions or ringworm. Dogs can carry the oil on their fur and pass it to you.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What part of the dog is it?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
There is a penis in the picture, just saying.

On second thought, perhaps dogs can get poison ivy here and there just as humans can have a variety of allergies.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Some dogs are sensitive to poison ivy, but that is less common in dogs than in humans.

Plus, their fur provides a measure of protection, too. But the OP's dog doesn't have much fur on his belly.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a penis in the picture, just saying.

You think it is an STD?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Maybe.
But based on what's missing, maybe not.

Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
he is a shelter dog they chop off the balls when they got him
upload gambar

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Did you treat the spots with anything?

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look anything like poison ivy on humans.

I had a 5 month old retriever puppy that, unknown to me had been running around in poison ivy in a park. She got tired and was falling behind while hiking out, so I picked her up and draped her across my shoulders around my neck.

Ask me how I know poison ivy can be passed to humans from dog fur. That was awful, I am very allergic.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My aunt was very allergic to poison ivy, if my uncle worked in the yard or went anywhere that he could have touched or got it on his clothes she would get it when she picked up hid clothes to wash them, it would mean a trip to the doctor and lots of steroids.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
My dogs never had a reaction to poison ivy. However, I would always be affected when they came inside and shared the love after they got into it outback. It took a few years, but I finally got rid of it all in my yard. The older I get, the more sensitive to that demon vine I get.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm not a vet (and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express)...but this lady vet at this website suggests they are a reaction to black fly bites...

http://www.justanswer.com/dog-...ower-belly-look.html

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
that could be it it is the season but he is on his 2nd month of Advantix2 and that has always worked anyway it doesn't seem to be affecting him i'll just have to keep an eye on it

Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
update he is ok

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That's good news. Vet give a diagnosis?

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post