SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DNC Chair Laments Christian Values in Politics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNC Chair Laments Christian Values in Politics Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do conservative Christians let our values guide our voting? Of course. But do conservative church pastors tell their members how to vote? I have never seen it. But I do know, firsthand, that Democrat preachers weave Leftist politics into their sermons and their ministry.

Yep. Seen it first hand from both sides. My church is steadfast in their refusal to address polly-tics. But I've gone to some, shall we say less gospel-centric 'churches' and heard their pastors specifically call out candidates and refer to them as 'evil'.

And many seem to forget the principle of 'separation of church and state' actually comes from the Old Testament. They were always supposed to be separate entities. Even in the Old Testament, there was a High Priest for the temple, and a king for the nation.

But a lot of 'conservative' values stream from the Judeo-Christian ethic. Those ethics, the left finds to be an anathema.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I know ten boatloads of church going conservative Christians who live all over...

I have attended lot of church services all over the country, from Catholic to all kinds of protestant denominations and non-denominational. I can honestly say that I have never had the kind of experience you describe.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Religion, the traditional nuclear family, and Western values built this country. Remove these foundations and you have what passes for society these days, which is coming apart.

Indeed, Sir! Thank you

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para is on the mark. The goal is to get back to those values/points.

The question is how?

Your answer to that should be heard by...

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘You know what, for most of the people I know, their principal sources of information are Fox News, their NRA newsletter, and the pulpit on Sunday.’”

AKA: Bitterly clinging to our guns and religion.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As I understand it (could be wrong...wouldn't be the first nor last time), endorsement of and/or telling parishioners how to vote, would run afoul of federal laws prohibiting such behavior while maintaining tax free status.

Yet, commie "churches" do it all the time.

I've attended Mass at countless parishes over the years and never once had a priest tell any of the congregations for whom to vote. It is implied, of course, but never directed.

Projection is exactly right. The cheating wife accusing the husband of cheating.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T:
DNC Chair Complains That Voters Are Influenced By The ‘Pulpit On Sunday‘

Roll Eyes P-Man has never been near an inner city Philadelphia church around election time.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
Originally posted by T:
DNC Chair Complains That Voters Are Influenced By The ‘Pulpit On Sunday‘

Roll Eyes P-Man has never been near an inner city Philadelphia church around election time.

You can bet he's been there, or a similar setting. That is the psychological projection I am referencing.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post