SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DNC Chair Laments Christian Values in Politics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNC Chair Laments Christian Values in Politics Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
Do conservative Christians let our values guide our voting? Of course. But do conservative church pastors tell their members how to vote? I have never seen it. But I do know, firsthand, that Democrat preachers weave Leftist politics into their sermons and their ministry.

Perez is doing what the Left does best, engaging in projection. Like the cheating spouse that is constantly worried their spouse is also cheating, the Left is eaten up with fear borne of their own nonstop dirty politics.

-----------------

DNC Chair Complains That Voters Are Influenced By The ‘Pulpit On Sunday‘

Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez lamented Wednesday the supposedly malign influence of Christianity on voters’ political preferences, comparing the influence of preachers to that of conservative media outlets.

“We all have to make sure that we are fluent in what’s happening across our ecosystem so that we can come to each other’s defense,” Perez said while speaking at Demand Justice’s “The Court In Crisis: What’s Next For Progressives After Kavanaugh” Summit in Washington, DC. “Because we need to build a bigger orchestra. They’ve had a big orchestra for some time and they’ve got the megaphones to amplify it, whether it’s Sinclair at a local level or Fox at a national level. I’ve learned this from the outreach we’ve done at the DNC. . . .And I had someone in Northwestern Wisconsin tell me, ‘You know what, for most of the people I know, their principal sources of information are Fox News, their NRA newsletter, and the pulpit on Sunday.’”

Perez went on to suggest that the political preference of single issue, pro-life voters can be entirely explained by their exposure to conservative ideas at their place of worship.

“It should come as a surprise to no one that that person has elevated the issue of courts to the top because that person on the pulpit is saying, ‘Ignore everything else that this person has done and is doing, we have to focus on one issue of Roe vs. Wade.’ And people buy it. Because that’s their only source,” Perez said.

https://www.nationalreview.com...Pa7DGsyQWSjJ-JaG5bOY

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I can't read shit like this. The idiocy of some people in these positions just makes me boil. That they are in these positions. That people vote to put them in these positions.

I really start to wonder about people around me in this liberal hell hole. How many of them really agree and identify w/ what these idiots say. Versus how many are liberal leaning but don't really identify these idiots. ie - are pro-choice but think this guy is an idiot.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
That First Amendment is a real bitch to the committed Leftist.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Brother, I don't know how you live there either. It is a place of great physical beauty, but the people have ruined it.

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I can't read shit like this. The idiocy of some people in these positions just makes me boil. That they are in these positions. That people vote to put them in these positions.

I really start to wonder about people around me in this liberal hell hole. How many of them really agree and identify w/ what these idiots say. Versus how many are liberal leaning but don't really identify these idiots. ie - are pro-choice but think this guy is an idiot.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The left lacks morals and scruples, and they are concerned that those that have both will vote against them. How perfectly ironic.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
You're right about the Left. Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Castro were all the same. God gets in their way. They prefer to remove God and try to have the State take His place.

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The left lacks morals and scruples, and they are concerned that those that have both will vote against them. How perfectly ironic.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
But I do know, firsthand, that Democrat preachers weave Leftist politics into their sermons and their ministry.
I'd take it a step further and say Leftists have completely removed the Gospel from the pulpit and every sermon is the so-called "social gospel" or "social action"

In churches preaching the Gospel, the sermons are around God becoming man (Jesus) without ceasing to be God, lived a sin free life on earth, and He took on the full penalty of sin with His death on the cross for all who will believe and follow Him. Talking about politics from the pulpit would really jump out at a church like this. Additionally, a politician saying the same thing the preacher/reverend/pastor says would stand out.

In social gospel/action "church", the sermons misuse a very narrow set of verses from the Bible and apply to poverty, the environment, medical care, gay rights, and many other politically correct issues. Since they made a loose Biblical tie to the issue du jour they tack on the word justice or phrase "moral issue." You'll never hear a sermon that all have sinned and need a savior. High probabiity that that instead of worship they'll have very good to excellent entertainment, their preacher/reverend/pastor didn't go to seminary (don't need to study theology for 3 years for this style of preaching), and that good works have been perverted (e.g. protesting is greater than or equal to good works). Talking politics from the pulpit wouldn't stand out at all nor would a politician saying the same thing the preacher/reverend/pastor. It'd be strange if a politician didn't say the same thing as their preacher/reverend/pastor.
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Do conservative Christians let our values guide our voting? Of course.
Did you ever listen to Frank Pastore on Christian talk radio out of Los Angeles? One of his favorite sayings was, "Politics is theology applied" See page 33.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Uh, Tom? Where exactly are you getting major Black turnout these days? BLM meetings?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
If your single issue is pro-life, then yes - it most likely has to do with your religious beliefs.

As a conservative and a Christian, I can positively state that I've never once (in 50 + years of churchgoing) heard my pastor state who he thought we should be voting for. He may preach about some topic that has political implications, but even that is pretty rare.

I do know that we have videos showing how we support local pro-life pregancy crisis centers and such... But can't remember a sermon ever being preached on the topic. Some stuff is just kindof common sense if you believe that all life is sacred and a baby's heart and brain get developed pretty dang early in the process...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I can't read shit like this. ...
Nor can I. It's more hypocrisy than idiocy, but I will leave it to others to work out the exact percentage of each.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have been in many evangelical churches over the past 25 years (when we left the very liberal Presbyterian church in town) and not once has the pastor told people whom to vote for. They did approve a nonpartisan voting registration drive at our Covenant church in Davis.
In that Presbyterian church a number of members left when the pastor called George W. Bush a liar (this was after we had left).

It's telling for me that in "progressive" churches the agenda is indistinguishable from that of the left wing of the Democrat party in virtually every respect.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘You know what, for most of the people I know, their principal sources of information are Fox News, their NRA newsletter, and the pulpit on Sunday.’”

Yep that's me! ...and my wife, she is my chief source of informing me when I'm wrong.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Title should read: DNC chair laments Christian values.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I know ten boatloads of church going conservative Christians who live all over.

Their preachers don't need to actively encourage voting for a conservative candidate, it's a given, and that's evident in almost everything they say, casually and in sermons and such.

My dad asked me to accompany him to a gun raffle thing that was sponsored by and held at a big local church down south. I sucked it up and went for the chance at some choice guns.

It was like an equal mix of a Sunday sermon, an NRA meeting, and a MAGA event, complete with allegorical stories about how gays are wrong and liberals ruin everything always.

I didn't care much, it was brief enough and included a fish fry, and my dad scored a sweet rifle, and while no one ever said Vote Trump (or Pence) it was as implied as it gets, 120%.

So yeah, no one may literally say the magic words of "go vote for so and so" but it's the same damn thing. And I'm not saying its terribly wrong, but it's absolutely true / common.

I certainly lament aspects of it myself, but it's how the game of politics is played.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
The only Christian values this knucklehead is worried about is the conservative, orthodox one.

I’m sure he has no issue with the liberation theology or leftist “christianity” that promotes the vote for Dem candidates.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Exactly right.

I'm sure he fawns all over the big "churches of color" in Chicago that explicitly tell voters which way to vote.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Religion, the traditional nuclear family, and Western values built this country. Remove these foundations and you have what passes for society these days, which is coming apart.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I know ten boatloads of church going conservative Christians who live all over.

Their preachers don't need to actively encourage voting for a conservative candidate, it's a given, and that's evident in almost everything they say, casually and in sermons and such.

My dad asked me to accompany him to a gun raffle thing that was sponsored by and held at a big local church down south. I sucked it up and went for the chance at some choice guns.

It was like an equal mix of a Sunday sermon, an NRA meeting, and a MAGA event, complete with allegorical stories about how gays are wrong and liberals ruin everything always.

I didn't care much, it was brief enough and included a fish fry, and my dad scored a sweet rifle, and while no one ever said Vote Trump (or Pence) it was as implied as it gets, 120%.

So yeah, no one may literally say the magic words of "go vote for so and so" but it's the same damn thing. And I'm not saying its terribly wrong, but it's absolutely true / common.

I certainly lament aspects of it myself, but it's how the game of politics is played.

All anyone need do is advocate for true principles and an endorsement of conservative candidates will be implied.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
To expect anything more from a heathen or the undisciplined would be shocking..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Keep on calling us the scum of the earth bud. A second Trump term will be freakin glorious.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post