SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do I make sure I'm not purchasing fake concert tickets?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I make sure I'm not purchasing fake concert tickets? Login/Join 
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds are playing in Jacksonville in 10 days and I'd really like to go. I still listen to their old album, "Live at Luther College" regularly.

We found a local guy selling 4 and he's willing to sell us just 1 pair. His price is better than I can find on-line, but not so much better that it's a 'too good to be true' situation.

Is there a way for me to confirm that they're genuine?

I was thinking that before we go meet him we could ask him for a photo of the actual ticket that we could then call into whoever the retailer of it is.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
If they paid cash at the box office they'll have traditional physical tickets, which are more difficult to fake. Maybe meet at the box office when open and ask them to have a look?

If they bought them online and only have e-tickets, barcodes, print your own, etc, I'd ask to see the confirmation email, their ID, make sure it all matches their CC, name, etc.

That's about the best you can do, I think.

Maybe ask around for anyone else who is going and has physical tickets to meet you, or email you photos of their legit tickets, or something like that.

Good luck. Dave and Tim is a great show.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
That would be a good show.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So easy to create fake tickets these days. I think I would at least ask for a copy of his photo I.D.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post