SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone drive a Volkswagen Jetta?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone drive a Volkswagen Jetta? Login/Join 
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
I had a 2012 TDI Golf that I really liked. I had 125K miles on it when I turned it in this last January. I got like $18500 back from VW.

I got a new 2017 Jetta S. Base model with the 1.4 Turbo gasoline engine. The only additional thing mine has is aluminum wheels. I picked it up cheep. It runs great and is very peppy with the turbo engine. The ride is good and I've been real impressed overall. It's a real good entry level car. I have a 40 mile commute to and from work so it's perfect for that.

If you are looking at used you might check out Hertz, I think they are starting to sell off their 1 year old Jettas.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianC:
I've been looking at buying a (probably used) car. I haven't driven a Volkswagen since I had an old Beetle back in the day. They seem like well made cars. any thoughts?

Buddy of mine had one that I drove a couple of times along with another rental. To me the seats are torture racks. I'd never be able to do more than about 30 minute trips.

Oh, he sold it due to maintenance costs. AC quit and it was going to be something like $3000. That was the 3 rd or 4th repair and more than the car was worth at the time.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post