SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Austin Area Gun Show This Weekend
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Austin Area Gun Show This Weekend Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
As was the case at Dripping Springs today.

Didn't find much myself, but if I keep attending that show I'm probably going to develop a taste for some of the nicer and more interesting sporting guns of the 20th Century. I saw stuff today that I thought was groovy back when I was a kid reading my grandfather's old copies of Gun Digest (sans the row after row of Colt single-action revolvers, unfortunately).

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think they were in a separate hall or outside or something.

One show I attended in MA has like that and it's due to fire regulations.

Attended one here in NH today and it was smaller than usual and nothing of interest.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Ha! Tell her we said hi Mike!!!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Ha! Tell her we said hi Mike!!!

Absolutely Tony! She really likes the gun so I think it is going to be her gun. I have been pushing her for 20 years to get her license to carry a gun and she got it once but let it expire. So now I have been pushing her to get it again and now she wants to get it and actually carry. I think this will be the gun she carries.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Got a box heading your way shortly!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Excellent! Got a box heading your way shortly!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I can’t wait!

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted to compare an HK p2000 next to a SW M&P 2 series and see which was more concealable. Not avail at Dripping Springs today. Have to look for a larger gun show.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

So I mentioned earlier I was very tempted to buy a Sig P938. Well I got home and the wife asked what I bought and told her about the ammo cans and the knife. I told her I was tempted to get the P938 and she told me to go back and get it and she would pay for it!!!

Had she casually mentioned that the oven and stove top were getting a little old, recently ... ?

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

So I mentioned earlier I was very tempted to buy a Sig P938. Well I got home and the wife asked what I bought and told her about the ammo cans and the knife. I told her I was tempted to get the P938 and she told me to go back and get it and she would pay for it!!!

Had she casually mentioned that the oven and stove top were getting a little old, recently ... ?

LOL! She didn’t say the reason, but I think it is because we just celebrated our 20 year anniversary.