SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Austin Area Gun Show This Weekend
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Austin Area Gun Show This Weekend Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
I have not been to a gun show in years; mostly because liberal Travis County here in Austin, TX ran gun shows out of town. Well there is a gun show in Round Rock tomorrow so I am going to check it out. I really don’t have any money to spare, but I want to see what is there and I will buy something if it is really worth it. I really need some ammo cans so we will see.i will be tempted if I find a good lever action .45 long colt.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where in Round Rock? Thanks.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I thought I might try my luck at Dripping Springs tomorrow. So far there hasn't been much there, but I like to support Saxet since they got shivved out of Austin.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Since moving to Texas, the Wife and I have been going to Gun Shows in our area.

We acquired several nice Smiths and a Mossberg Shockwave.

She scored several gun purses.

I got the Shockwave for just under $400.

Now, we are having problems finding Aguila mini 12 ga shells in #4 Buck.

No one has them and they are back ordered.

Going to agun show in Kerrville on Nov 18/19.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YogiBear:
Howdy,

Since moving to Texas, the Wife and I have been going to Gun Shows in our area.

We acquired several nice Smiths and a Mossberg Shockwave.

She scored several gun purses.

I got the Shockwave for just under $400.

Now, we are having problems finding Aguila mini 12 ga shells in #4 Buck.

No one has them and they are back ordered.

Going to agun show in Kerrville on Nov 18/19.
YB, your "Location" still says Kailua, Hawaii.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Where in Round Rock? Thanks.

Round Rock Sports Center
2400 Chisholm Trail
Round Rock, TX 78681

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin: I really need some ammo cans so we will see.

Not to preclude any dealers making a buck, but keep in mind that Academy always has smokin' deals on ammo cans in three colors during Black Friday. Page 22 of last year's ad shows they were $9.99, so there's the price point you're looking to match or beat.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin: I really need some ammo cans so we will see.

Not to preclude any dealers making a buck, but keep in mind that Academy always has smokin' deals on ammo cans in three colors during Black Friday. Page 22 of last year's ad shows they were $9.99, so there's the price point you're looking to match or beat.

Thanks for the info; I will have to check them out this year. I remember good ammo cans used to be $12-$15 at gun shows in the past. I thought this show opened at 8am so I got here at 7:30. Turns out it opens at 9am.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I have not been to a gun show in years; mostly because liberal Travis County here in Austin, TX ran gun shows out of town. Well there is a gun show in Round Rock tomorrow so I am going to check it out. I really don’t have any money to spare, but I want to see what is there and I will buy something if it is really worth it. I really need some ammo cans so we will see.i will be tempted if I find a good lever action .45 long colt.

There are several gun shows in San Antonio every month it seems, and I believe one at New Braunfels Civic Center.

The last time I tried to get to Round Rock from down here by Canyon Lake, on Saturday morning, I had made it as far as Kyle by 11 AM, so turned around and went home!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Well a stupid vendor just had a negligent discharge. He somehow fired a pistol. Scared the shit out of me as I was one row over. They are packing his booth up right now and taking him out.

posted Hide Post
That seems to be happening more times than not. There was a similar episode at a gun show I went to in Fl.. I used to go to shows just to see if there were any good deals on some items but it seems the better deals are on line. Now, I only go to a show to check,see and hold what I want to order next. It is a shame as it was something I would look forward to every few months to check out the latest wares.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are several gun shows in San Antonio every month it seems, and I believe one at New Braunfels Civic Center.

There are good shows from time to time in Round Rock and Waco, but the biggest tend to be in San Antonio on the first weekend of the month.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan to go to Dripping Springs today for their gunshow.
It’s only about 12 miles north of me.

J.Allen, as for going north to Georgetown or RR from points south of Austin, I take the toll road located east of Austin with the 85 mph speed limit. Going north on I35 has become futile.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Overall this was a good gun show with a good selection. I am glad no one got hurt by the negligent discharge; it went into the floor. I hope it doesn’t hurt the chances of the show continuing here. I think the next one will be in March.

I ended up buying some ammo cans for $10 each and a really nice TOPS field knife. I was so very tempted to buy a P938.

I just don’t feel like driving all the way to San Antonio to just look for the heck of it. It would be different if there was something specific I was looking for.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be different if there was something specific I was looking for.

That tends to be what it takes to get me to drive down there. Especially since the big show is now on the far side of town, past Shamoo-ville.

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
There was not much at the Saxet in Dripping Springs. On the drive there I passed the Paella Lovers United cookoff-sold out. Spent the time at Saxet thinking on all the paella that I won't be eating today.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Isn't there some strange law about where you can sell ammo at a gun show in TX? I went to one near Ft Hood once and I remember my buddy saying something about ammo. I think they were in a separate hall or outside or something.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
No such law that I know of.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Isn't there some strange law about where you can sell ammo at a gun show in TX? I went to one near Ft Hood once and I remember my buddy saying something about ammo. I think they were in a separate hall or outside or something.

I have always seen ammo sold in the show along with the guns.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
So I mentioned earlier I was very tempted to buy a Sig P938. Well I got home and the wife asked what I bought and told her about the ammo cans and the knife. I told her I was tempted to get the P938 and she told me to go back and get it and she would pay for it!!!

So I went back and the one I was looking at was gone, but they had a stainless version I was able to talk the guy down to being only $10 more than the one I was looking at.

So here is my new P938 next to the new TOPS knife: