SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    YUGE power outage in Denver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YUGE power outage in Denver Login/Join 
posted
It is very dark for many, many blocks. If anyone is up for it, please post any news or updates from Excel energy.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Their outage map says 35k customers are without power due to ~75 outages in metro Denver.

https://www.outagemap-xcelenergy.com

Most of the problem appears to be in Lakewood, with a few outages in Centennial, Thornton, and Greeley.

I'm on IREA power out in the mountains, unaffected.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my vantage point, it’s blacked out from just east of downtown including capital hill and chesseman park areas, out to Aurora and south to cherry hill.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Guess it's about that time...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha!

posted Hide Post
Lights popped back on. It’ll be interesting to find out the cause. I hear the black helicopters flying overhead now.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
The Denver Post has a more recent article but won't let me access it as I'm not a subscriber.

https://www.9news.com/article/...-aurora/73-605035137

Colfax power outage affects customers in Denver, Aurora

Over 30,000 people are without power throughout Denver and Aurora as of 9 p.m.

Author: Jacob Rodriguez
Published: 8:38 PM MDT October 16, 2018
Updated: 9:14 PM MDT October 16, 2018

Well over 30,000 people are without power through Denver and Aurora Tuesday night - with the bulk of the outages concentrated along Colfax Avenue.

As of 9 p.m., about 30,000 people were without power along one of Denver and Aurora's main thoroughfares, with another couple thousand without power near the Town Center At Aurora.

Michelle Oguayo with Xcel Energy media relations said there's a problem at one of their substations in the area and that crews are assessing the problem. She said the estimated number of people without power is rough and that the number may fluctuate.

The estimated restoration time is hard to pin down as well - at least until crews know exactly what's going on. It could be several hours from now or it might be much sooner.

The outage is affecting people in Denver's Cap Hill, Cheesman Park, Mayfair, Congress Park, Park Hill, Cherry Creek and Montclair neighborhoods, as well as Aurora.

Check out this link for an interactive look at Xcel's power map.

The Denver Police Department said in a tweet that they're aware there's a power outage. They are also trying to figure out the cause.

Denver Police Dept
We are communicating with Excel In an effort to determine the cause of the power outage in central Denver. At present DPD is not managing any emergency situations, but as always, we are operating and are ready to respond.

9:07 PM - Oct 16, 2018

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The power is back on. It was very widespread.

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post