SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reparations for a friend's wife - she is 2% Black
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reparations for a friend's wife - she is 2% Black Login/Join 
posted
So a friend's wife had her DNA tested. Sure enough, as family stories always maintained, she is 2% African American. She said she will settle for a coupon for a free egg mcmuffin at McDonald's, but nothing less as her share of reparations. Seems fair to me.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’m 3.2%, That’s at least worth a Happy Meal!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’m 50% Irish and my ancestors weren’t greeted with a red carpet. Where’s my free reparations? Wink

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Brings us back to a question I asked here long ago. It was if there are DNA differences between black and white (and also hispanic and asians). Seems like it could narrow crime suspecs significantly. Maybe not since the media refuses to announce that police are looking for a black suspect because that might be racist. But you do know that if an inner city black murder victim is shot, the shooter is probably black, too.

Its just not PC to make that public even if 100 witness' all stated the culprit was a 20s black male. Maybe its just a waste of time to say it because most likely who the shooter, knifer or whatever almost always is. Maybe I'm off base here because a few of them are white. There seems to be no reluctance to say police are looking for a white male. The media won't say they're looking for a black male.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Tell her to fix me a sammmich.

Just because you have African American DNA doesn't mean you are a descendent of slavery.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Tell her to fix me a sammmich.

That's sexist, not racist.

On the reparations issue... the total damages they suffered should be reduced by the travel expenses to get them here, and also by welfare and such we've suffered over the years. Has anyone ever figured out how to divvy up the largess between the victims?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
2% or 0.02%? Wink

Edited to correct - 2% - Thanks

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
In one weekend, I sat in front of the TV and watched Daytona, Monaco, and Indianapolis, but no other sports. Does that make me racist?

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I’m 50% Irish and my ancestors weren’t greeted with a red carpet. Where’s my free reparations? Wink

That ought to be good for a big potato or a couple of small ones and at least a half of a bottle of Jameson. With my Irish ancestry,I'd want the whole bottle,a bag of potatoes and maybe even a new shovel.

--------------------------------------------
You can't have no idea how little I care.

Posts: 344 | Registered: December 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
story goes that great great grandmother traded her wedding band to a traveling peddler for some cooking pots to feed her family. she was full blood CHEROKEE INDIAN ..... MAYBEE her decendants should be included???.............. drill sgt

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend is 1/512 Cherokee, got a card from the Bureau of Indian Affairs and everything. This entitles me to make jokes about Indians, because even though I don't have any native in me, I've been in some native.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandparents came from Poland and Lithuania and the men went into the NE Pennsylvania coal mines at early age and were forced to load 15 tons of number 9 coal each day and suffered from "Black Lung" and had to live in company houses and buy overpriced goods at the company store and were not unionized and had to learn to speak English, etc......

So....where in the hell is MY MONEY.

BTW, is "Black Lung" racist?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the reparations issue... the total damages they suffered should be reduced by the travel expenses to get them here, and also by welfare and such we've suffered over the years. Has anyone ever figured out how to divvy up the largess between the victims?

Let me know when you find someone who was actually a slave.
I'll pay.
Wait... I didn't own any slaves.
Nevermind.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Well, to tell a family secret, my grandmother was Dutch.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
When my great grandfather and family left Sicily, they first lived in Tunisia for a time.

So I'm part Temporarily North African-American.

(I used to really rile a guy up at work by telling him I was more African than he was since my ancestors lived in Africa about 100 years more recently than his had.) Big Grin

Posts: 21098 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Half my ancestors were female. I want reparations for thousands of years of misogyny.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Got a black eye once. Who do I talk to about arranging direct deposit?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Does 1% North African qualify for reparations?

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Does 1% North African qualify for reparations?

That's worth a coupon for free fries (small) from McDonalds. Seems reasonable to me.

Banned
posted Hide Post
Black is my favorite car color. Does that count for any credit?

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post