SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Mystery Box Rides Again -- Boxes Away --
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mystery Box Rides Again -- Boxes Away -- Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
In. Got stuff to contribute.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Yeah man. They're way useful. Don't think I'll really let one go, unless someone is going to start making them new just 'cuz.

26 cents apiece.

Tail you need to rid that post. I remember these and I'm under 30! The other part is unlike some of you I never knew they were made from glass.

Also, I'm in

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I remember these and I'm under 30! The other part is unlike some of you I never knew they were made from glass.

Also, I'm in

I was joking about that. They've been made from paper, and metal. I've never seen a glass one.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some items to add to the box. I'd like to play if please.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm in. All those things too nice to give to Goodwill but still never fully used can find a new home!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I like this idea, and now know what to do with a bunch of "stuff" that comes from being the place where late relatives' households come to rest.

Count me in.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Count me in. The box rides again.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have received the original box. I'm going to shuffle the contents with what I have, and it's now going to be Box A, and Box B.

I'll create a list, and manage who has each and who gets it next. The stuff will fit in the USPS "flat rate" large box, for the most economical shipping.

I'll contact the next recipients soon.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking this on Arc, glad to see it going again.

Please count me in

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in; have a few useful items to add.

Thanks Arcwelder!

Posts: 365 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If you only wish to add to the boxes, while that is admirable, consider Karmaing items. I'll still put you on the list, but the idea is churn. Of course, what is in the boxes is random, and one should only put things in the boxes that might be useful to another.

You need not balance what you put in, with what you take out, the only thing I think is important, is that items go to people who need/want them, and none profit from the contents.

Arc.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I'd like in on this sir. We have one similar to this on a fishing forum I frequent. They have a book that the folks write something down in it too. It's always cool getting the box a second or third time years later. Seeing what's been added etc.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'll contact two people and the boxes will go out next week.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
I never got a shot at the last one. Please sign me up. I have some neat stuff to swap out.

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'll shepherd it for a bit, but ultimately the goal is for it to go back to a self-replicating mode.

Arc.

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Count me in on this new round. Thanks

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Just seeing this post now. I'd like to enter my name as well and have things to add as well.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I liked it the first time it came by.
Sign me up for the sequel... I've got plenty that I can add.
Thanks!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Looks like this is stalled out again.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Oh I'm sorry, are you in some kind of a rush?

Hey guys.. listen closely.

We all, presumably are adults, with adult lives.

I just changed jobs after 12 years. If you can't be bothered to be patient, you can take a powder.

If ANYONE is in a big fucking hurry, then prepare yourself for disappointment. This is, in essence, a rolling karma. Good will is key. If you can't be bothered, don't bother.

Does anyone here owe you anything? Then shut the fuck up, and wait your damn turn for a box of free shit.

Is this going to be a problem? I'll just torch it all in my fucking back yard, say the word.

Arc.