SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Mystery Box Rides Again -- Boxes Away --
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mystery Box Rides Again -- Boxes Away -- Login/Join 
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Those little containers (I remember what they were supposed to contain) were the sum of my Boy Scouting days... I had a first-aid kit, fire starter kit, fishing kit, and even had one that a space blanket was stuffed in! Would wear them on a belt, grenade like (to a kid!), when we'd head into the woods.

Thanks for that memory!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I would like to be included, I have a few things to add to the box if it comes my way.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
Those little containers (I remember what they were supposed to contain) were the sum of my Boy Scouting days... I had a first-aid kit, fire starter kit, fishing kit, and even had one that a space blanket was stuffed in! Would wear them on a belt, grenade like (to a kid!), when we'd head into the woods.

Thanks for that memory!

Yeah man. They're way useful. Don't think I'll really let one go, unless someone is going to start making them new just 'cuz.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Yeah man. They're way useful. Don't think I'll really let one go, unless someone is going to start making them new just 'cuz.

26 cents apiece.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I've had stuff waiting to add to the box for a long time, so I'm in.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1362 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I'll get in on round two!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Outstanding news, and consider me in!
As for the little black round container thingy; after processing assignments in the good old days, we'd take a can of dust-off air and insert into the bottom of those.
Made for a nice makeshift "gun" to annoy others with, and made a neat sound, too.
Glad to see this being revitalized.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I have so many cool things to choose from to include in the box. I never got selected for the last mystery box.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

I might put one of these in to confuse anyone under 30.

It's a vintage weed-stash unit. Big Grin

Indeed. One of many uses. Like newspaper, I feel like there are a number of useful items we'll miss.

I instantly thought the same thing as LS1...

A couple of years from now no one will know what a newspaper is.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Please count me in again. I have oodles of stuff to donate.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I've got a few things to pass along should the box ever come my way.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see it coming back. Please count me in.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm going to "manage" or "curate" a list of who is on deck, and where the box is etc., because I'd like to see it continue. I also think that two or more boxes would help keep shipping cost down, and I'm happy to juggle who has what.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If you're interested in hosting the box, please read the simple rules in the OP of this thread.

Arc.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The box has already graced my door step, so I don't qualify for the below

quote:

If you posted in another thread about wishing to participate, and haven't gotten the box yet, just post in this thread now.

But count me in when it opens up to 2nds.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting if someone would eventually post a list of what went into the box and came out of it as time goes on(while keeping each donor anonymous).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
It would be interesting if someone would eventually post a list of what went into the box and came out of it as time goes on(while keeping each donor anonymous).

It's called the Mystery Box.

There will be no listing of contents.

If this is a problem, don't participate.

Why?

Because there will be no taking advantage of the charity of others.

If this thing isn't for good natured fun, it will end quickly and never happen again. Fuck if I will facilitate someone profiting from this.

Anyone who takes advantage of this for pure personal gain will not see that gain realized. Because NO.

Guys.

Don't fuck this up. You WILL ruin it for everyone else if you're a selfish greedy cunt.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Is this clear?

I refuse to waste my time on even a hint of unwholesome motive from any member.

Arc.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Clear to me Smile

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post