SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Mystery Box Rides Again -- Boxes Away --
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mystery Box Rides Again -- Boxes Away -- Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Arc.

Put my name in the hat, sir.

I am in no hurry, life will bring me what it will in it's time and as it chooses.

Me? I'm just happy it lets me along for the journey.

Smile

Thanks.

sm

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have two boxes, you just moved to the top spot for one. Send me your addy, and take care, friend.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Smile

G'nite.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Please count on/count me in. Guessing what’s in the box sounds like fun, thinking of what to pass along is even more entertaining!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arc, please count me in. I e got a few things I'd like to add to the mystery box.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'll get to it when I can, guys. This should be an exercise in patience and goodwill, none of us are actually inconvenienced by not having a box of random free things.

If you want to participate, wonderful. If you're in a hurry, this isn't for you.

What I've got is the original box, split in two, and I've added curiosities for from my travels, and also some items of interest that Horse sent me.

I'll get to it, have no fear. But what needs to cease is comments, certainly attitudes, that this needs to happen at any given speed. No one is owed the contents of these boxes, and if you believe it has "stalled," take care to not come off like someone owes you something when you wonder where the boxes are.

If you're the current recipient of a box, would you like to feel some sort of deadline? I know I'm not looking for extra stress.

Members who participate, should "curate" the box they receive. Take from it, surely, but don't mail the next guy garbage.

If this is to succeed or fail, it depends entirely on the conduct of the group.

Don't make me make a sad face.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

A wizard arrives precisely when he means to.

Reconcile it however you like, but kindly, don't poke the bear. The bear is busy.

Arc.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Dear Bear, sorry you feel. Poked. No one owes me anything. I've worked for what I have. Not looking for a fight or to get the ban from here either. Good luck with the new job.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Dear Bear, sorry you feel. Poked. No one owes me anything. I've worked for what I have. Not looking for a fight or to get the ban from here either. Good luck with the new job.

This isn't about me. It's about the ability of this practice to continue in this community. I do believe you've missed my point by well beyond a country mile. Do me the courtesy of staying out of this thread.

Arc.

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Arc, please add me to the roster. I believe I have a unique item to add, my email is in my profile, there is no rush all good things come to those who wait, and I agree to all additional criteria stated or not.

Thank you. Always fun when mystery arrives. Wink

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Put my name back into the hat, I’ve got an item or two that would fit nicely into the box.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Two large flat rate Priority Mail boxes are going out this weekend.

Everyone who has entered thusfar is on the list, and will get an email when it is their time.

When Box A and Box B lists are exhausted, a new thread will be posted for the next group to sign up to get the box.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Mystery Boxes are away.

You'll be contacted directly if you're next.

When the last stop of each box is reached, a new thread for participants will appear.

Wait til that thread, to enter for participation.

Everyone who posted to this point is in queue.

There is some cool stuff in those boxes. Enjoy.

Arc.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Arc, thank you for doing this. I suspect having a new job must be keeping you busy. Your help is appreciated.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Remember guys, take whatever you and yours can use from the box, it's OK to take more than you give, go with your gut.

It encourages churn in the contents.

When the boxes reach their last stop, those folks will post threads. Don't nobody be in no rush, now, as there is a list that went with each box, and that list will get checked off.

You'll get an email with "Mystery Box" in the title.

Exactly when, is part of the Mystery.

Arc.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for curating & getting this going again.
Like Christmas in April when the first box hit my doorstep, took a couple days to go through it all.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Yes, I would encourage anyone receiving a box to unpack the whole thing.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hey, in case that was unclear..

The Mystery Box got a bit mired in some sort of mix of impatience or entitlement, or just sour attitude, all over a box of free stuff.

If people can't relax and be cool about the box, it won't continue into the future. That's all.

Sorry if my phrasing raised your hackles, but I was trying to be clear that what happened in the previous Mystery Box threads can't continue if the box is going to.

I'm not on a "power trip." I just spent my own time and money so this Mystery Box could continue, and I wouldn't want to see it wasted by a return to the sour attitudes from the past.

The Mystery Box has no schedule, and no one should be in a rush to receive it, or should worry about what's in it. It's a curiosity and a box of collective goodwill. If I sound peeved when people appear selfish/impatient/ungrateful over it, well, I'm human.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Are you done? Do we make the drum circle now?

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Man, just let it go.

Arc.