SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drudge Report Issues?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drudge Report Issues? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Anyone else follow the Drudge Report?

The site seems to be having major issues, anyone else seeing this?

It either will take several minutes to load or won’t load at all? It’s not my internet connection I’m pretty sure.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I can't get it to load.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Yes since yesterday. Safari on my MAC has issues loading as you describe. Brave browser however has no issues loading it.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Samsung tablet, which uses Samsung internet. I have had a similar problem over the last 4-6 weeks. Most of the time, when I hit the DR bookmark, it won't load. Every now and then, it will load. If I switch over to Chrome, it loads every time.
Computers are a vast mystery to me, so I have no idea what the problem is ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Election time coming. Drudge sees a huge uptick in views before an election. That or the GDCs are trying some sort of electronic censorship.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I noticed the slowdown yesterday. I just timed it, and it took 15 seconds to load the initial Drudge screen.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
i always visit through a proxy. working fine here.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yup. Same here. It’s frustrating.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
No problem here, loads before I release my finger off the mouse.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Just tried it, no connection.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
i always visit through a proxy. working fine here.

Same here, no issues at all.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Slow to load over the weekend, came up quickly early this morning.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
2 days of not loading for me.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Kinda slow with Apple/Safari lately.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Just loaded it. Slow but working

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It took me 3 times to get it to load this morning. It's the first time I've had an issue with the site.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Mine fired right up....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just tried (I'm not a regular Drudge reader) and found that the site is choking on a partner link: cdn.eproof.com.

It took a while to get through cdnjs.cloudflare.com before that.

I checked Ghostery, my browser ad blocker, and saw that eProof is a site tracker. Cloudflare is a reverse proxy, sitting in front of the site.

Drudge came up, but it took a while for all the partners to play.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, been having issues for a few days.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's fast again, but must have been having server/hosting issues Sat-Mon or so.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post