SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colorado legislature 2020-*Shelter in Place order*,CO Affordable Care,needle give away,16 yr olds voting in School Brd elections, Fuel Tax increase
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado legislature 2020-*Shelter in Place order*,CO Affordable Care,needle give away,16 yr olds voting in School Brd elections, Fuel Tax increase Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's sad how willingly everyone is going along with having to show you papers whenever you leave your house.

Posts: 8887 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
It's sad how willingly everyone is going along with having to show you papers whenever you leave your house.

You know you're including yourself in that statement.

You're being overly dramatic, no one has asked for "my papers" and no one is going to.

What would you do? You talk the talk, you gonna walk the walk or just "go along".

Posts: 11425 | Location: Northwest of the 3rd world shithole known as Denver | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I was listening to Stephen Tubbs yesterday, he had a couple of sheriffs on, they weren't notified of Polis' order until after it was issued.

That seems to be a common complaint. I'm listening to a County Commissioner comment right now who said he and his fellow county commissioners are frustrated because Governor Polis is making decisions and issuing orders that affect their respective counties and that they are expected to implement, but he doesn't first talk or coordinate with them. They want to try and legally comply with these orders but they need time to review them and plan before doing so. The Governor's Stay at Home order blindsided them and they are now trying to find a way to meet (legally) to discuss and implement the order.

Reportedly, the Governor's office didn't release any guidance or written explanations until hours after the order. I checked after yesterday's press conference and couldn't find any clarification then, but I'll have to make time and check again.

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock stated in a press conference (before Governor Polis's latest order) that he speaks with him daily and that he was pushing him for a state-wide order.

For a Governor who keeps repeating "we will get through this together" in his press conference statements, he has a very limited and exclusive sense of "together".

"Some animals are more equal than others".

Posts: 4993 | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You're being overly dramatic, no one has asked for "my papers" and no one is going to.

What would you do? You talk the talk, you gonna walk the walk or just "go along".

What the fuck are you even talking about?
I was referring to these stupid letters you're supposed to produce to LE to show you are an essential business.
What is your problem?

posted Hide Post
We're seeing a little glimpse of how Polis reacts when he gets scared.

Polis isn't a leader, he possesses no new ideas for governance, he's just another reactionary embracing tyranny, typical democrat.

Posts: 11425 | Location: Northwest of the 3rd world shithole known as Denver | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The thing you are already starting to see is all of those wanna be tyrants that some people have gladly handed their Rights over to aren’t willing to give that new found power up.

For days we’ve listened to “listen to the experts”. The President wants to reopen the country to business by Easter, and now there is significant push back that we shouldn’t listen to the “experts” that is guiding our President.

Those who have latched on to power won’t want to give it up.

www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

Posts: 33738 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was referring to these stupid letters you're supposed to produce to LE to show you are an essential business.
What is your problem?

Well you weren't clear and I don't make assumptions.

So now that I know what you're talking about. Polis and the counties have put LE, businesses, and individuals in a precarious position. What would you have a business do when asked?

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're seeing a little glimpse of how Polis reacts when he gets scared.

Polis isn't a leader, he possesses no new ideas for governance, he's just another reactionary embracing tyranny, typical democrat.

So far, I am not impressed with the Governor or the way he governs or even speaks. I find no inspiration or even calm measured confidence in his words...so far , despite his hollow words, he has been a partisan drama queen, quick to over react rather than consult or deliberate.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
The Governor's Stay at Home order blindsided them ....

Not to mention the rest of us.

The previous rules dictated by my county health department and city government had already severely limited most people’s activities, but there were a few things I would have done in advance of this statewide order had we been given a couple of day’s advance warning. I’m trying to figure out now why that wasn’t possible or desirable. I’m really trying to give the authorities the benefit of the doubt in the face of all the uncertainties surrounding the pandemic, but it’s hard to avoid the feeling that much of what has been ordered and the how is simply a demonstration of “I can, and therefore I will.”

But for anyone else in Colorado who is basing their understanding of the order on BS media or other second hand accounts, I recommend checking the colorado.gov web site, and specifically the actual Department of Public Health and Environment order here:
https://drive.google.com/file/...Y_b9Cf1OMPOdlxH/view

I was surprised to see, for example, that this is included under “Necessary Activities” that permit leaving one’s residence:

“Engaging in outdoor activity, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, nordic skiing, snowshoeing, biking or running. For purposes of outdoor activity, State parks will remain open to the public to engage in walking, hiking, biking, running, and similar outdoor activities but all playgrounds, picnic areas, other similar areas conducive to public gathering, and attended areas shall be closed.”

Thanks, MDS, for keeping us up on this.

“A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.”
— Simon & Garfunkel, The Boxer, 1970

Posts: 41457 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is your problem?

Well you weren't clear and I don't make assumptions.

So now that I know what you're talking about. Polis and the counties have put LE, businesses, and individuals in a precarious position. What would you have a business do when asked?

California Governor Newsome is now sending out "ambassadors" to businesses that remain open during their Shelter in Place order. If the business can't prove they are "essential" and refuses to shut down, the Governor is now ordering that their electricity and water be turned off...

...and we all know that Governor Polis has a track record of taking his cues from California/ Leftist leadership.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Despite the order, I'll be venturing out into the fray... if you don't see me posting anymore, well... Wink

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was surprised to see, for example, that this is included under “Necessary Activities” that permit leaving one’s residence:

“Engaging in outdoor activity, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, nordic skiing, snowshoeing, biking or running. For purposes of outdoor activity, State parks will remain open to the public to engage in walking, hiking, biking, running, and similar outdoor activities but all playgrounds, picnic areas, other similar areas conducive to public gathering, and attended areas shall be closed.”

So, what if I want to take my RZR for a spin in the foothills? That is an outdoor activity that keeps a pretty good 'social distance'.

Also, I see Firearm stores are on the Essential business list. My Firearm store has a range attached to it. Does that mean its okay for me to go to the range as long as they only occupy every other lane?

ugh.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
So, what if I want to take my RZR for a spin in the foothills? That is an outdoor activity that keeps a pretty good 'social distance'.

I of course am not the one making or interpreting the rules, but I would certainly think so. If we can hike or bike, I cannot imagine why your activity wouldn’t be permitted.

As for the other, though, if “areas conducive to public gathering, and attended areas shall be closed,” I would be surprised if the gun store kept its range open.

“A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.”
— Simon & Garfunkel, The Boxer, 1970

Posts: 41457 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Polis can go fuck himself.

I have to chuckle, I see plenty of traffic. "You must stay at home, can only leave for essential activities, we're keeping the liquor and pot stores open BLAH BLAH BLAH" EAT SHIT. Wanna see a middle finger? Here's two!

Posts: 4387 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
^^ I'll buy you a beer when the bars open back up. Wink

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He's not the boss of me. I do what I want.

Posts: 23773 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My gun club is open. They sent all members a great email explaining what they are doing to make sure the lanes and store are sanitized to their best abilities and politely asked us to adhere to some common sense rules.
I think after I hit Lowes (I need to get a new deep freeze) I may head over and unstress myself with a few mags of .45acp.
Molon Leave me be!