SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes it's hard to be a woman : Sarah Palin's "perpetual gut punch"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman : Sarah Palin's "perpetual gut punch" Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This is what can happen when you call someone up from the minor leagues who isn’t used to hitting big league pitching.

I remember the t-shirt BJ saw on his first trip back to Little Rock. There was a picture of Socks, his cat, saying, “The mice in Little Rock ain’t nothing compared to the rats in DC!”

I think this explains it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ezra
posted Hide Post
I will not miss Mr. McCain when he dies. As for Mrs. Palin, if it is true that for the last decade Mr. McCain has told her one thing only to announce, basically on his deathbed, that the absolute opposite was true, I do not blame Mrs. Palin for responding.

Ez

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee”

- Herman Melville -

Posts: 5655 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra:
I will not miss Mr. McCain when he dies. As for Mrs. Palin, if it is true that for the last decade Mr. McCain has told her one thing only to announce, basically on his deathbed, that the absolute opposite was true, I do not blame Mrs. Palin for responding.

More evidence of this man’s despicable character. Palin can get in line with all those depositors from Lincoln Savings & Loan who got screwed by McCain.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting that McCain harbors so much ill will toward Republicans but apparently gets along with his former captors the North Vietnamese.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it's more effective to glare in silence. I would have let McCain be the only one looking small. Everyone knows we all think it was a mistake select him as lead on the ticket. This kind of talk from him further fortifies that opinion. The only consolation to me is that whomever the GOP presented back then was likely to be defeated so getting McCain out of the way made strategic sense. To me McCain is what happens to an individual when everything in life comes easy. His only real trial seems to have been in the Hanoi Hilton. Massive overwhelming trial no doubt, but cheesecake ever since.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I don't see how McCain can say that about Palin. In hindsight sure maybe she wasn't the best pick, but at the time her addition to the ticket was the only thing keeping his feeble campaign alive. She was a super star for a while

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Acting out the prototypical angry old man, lashing out at everyone for his last memories, even in death he can't keep himself out of the limelight and focus on his family...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDZ7SBdYQQ

Sorry, don't know how to embed

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I'm truly sorry McCain is dying and I wish him eternal peace along with his family. I also appreciate his service to our Country.

But McCain's campaign was terrible and he was a terrible candidate. He went off his political rocker after that campaign and licked the boots of obama and other Dems. He is an embarrassment and a bitter, little man.

As yes, Palin was and is not ready for prime time.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I don't see how McCain can say that about Palin. In hindsight sure maybe she wasn't the best pick, but at the time her addition to the ticket was the only thing keeping his feeble campaign alive. She was a super star for a while

Yup. His campaign was on life support when he chose her. Gave his campaign a huge shot in the arm, at first. Then she started talking...

Personally, I feel his campaign staff let him down badly in that respect. They should have been bringing her up-to-speed during her every waking hour and should never have let her loose, unscripted, before she was ready. She might (likely?) still have been a loose canon, but, still, that was execrable management, IMO.

In the end: It was his campaign. He was the boss. The buck stopped with him. And to blind-side her like this, after all that time... Yes: It shows you what kind of man he is.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
McCain is a rancid piece of dogshit. Palin is just a dope.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
What he should be professing now is that he is a demo and has been since the beginning. That he loves them and always has. If he is into telling the world what he regrets most and cleansing his soul. That would be it. Standby, it may be coming. Idiot.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ez

I agree. This doesn't sound like a ten year old hurt that she hasn't gotten over (losing the election), this sounds like a brand new hurt from an unexpected quarter (betrayal through McCain's shift to blaming her).

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to think if I were practically on my deathbed, I'd be concerned with something other than lashing out.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Will he last beyond June?

Hell, I may not, but will he?

Summation: He caused more not less problems for Conservatives.

Once dead, no more Mc problems....

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Palin was relevant for 15 minutes back in the day, but our need for someone like her evolved into what we have today, Donald Trump. She is irrelevant now, has been for years. And my feelings on McCain has been broadcast in this forum already.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
quote:
Ez

I agree. This doesn't sound like a ten year old hurt that she hasn't gotten over (losing the election), this sounds like a brand new hurt from an unexpected quarter (betrayal through McCain's shift to blaming her).

Yup, notice that the world hasn't really heard a beep from her for quite some time. Not until the bitter POS stabbed her in the back before he makes a the trip to hell. Doesn't matter to me if she's dumber than dirt and that folks don't care for her style, it is entirely appropriate that she responded.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McCain needs more morphine.....like.....all of it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
The guy who put Obama in the White House. Who gives a shit what he 'thinks?'

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
As has been said.... Why is this idiot still an active senator? He is obviously not capable of serving the office and his constituents. Resign now and go take care of what days you have left.