SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales Login/Join 
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Walmart needs to quit with that bull shit receipt check, as you leave the store.
They have no right to do that.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
Walmart needs to quit with that bull shit receipt check, as you leave the store.

They can’t enforce it. Just walk past those folks.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

They can’t enforce it. Just walk past those folks.

Almost exactly what I do. I wish them a nice day as well.

Posts: 10936 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting. I've never encountered this at any Wal-Mart store.

I've only ever seen it at Sam's Club.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

They do it at all the Walmarts around here that I've been to. They also do it at Sam's Club. I find it irritating.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Come to Memphis, my friend. They universally ask to see the receipt down here if you have a large item in hand.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I just show it to them and here’s why: they probably don’t agree with the policy but they just want to make their paycheck to take care of their family. It’s not their fault Walmart has a stupid policy. No sense in taking it out on them.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
quote:

They do it at all the Walmarts around here that I've been to. They also do it at Sam's Club. I find it irritating.

I find myself somewhat irritated when some young buck is checking receipts.

The problem at my walmart is 99 percent of the time they put some elderly person up there checking.

I'm not about to get snotty with some older person who should be enjoying their retirement instead of working for the monster that is walmart so I happily hand it over.

Hell, I'm fat, hairy, and often have a look of disgust on my face. I've had a few of the older folks just look at me with fear thinking I'm going to freak out on them for asking. I'll stop and offer my receipt. Ain't their fault.

Oh, and Fuck You walmart. I find myself only going there if I absolutely have to these days.

Bad decision on their part.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interestingly I was sitting by the exit waiting for the wife to finish her shopping and watched the lady asking for receipts. In less than ten minutes she had three people who when she checked against their cart had items that were not on their receipt. Multiply that by twelve hours and you can see why they are doing this. May not like it but that’s the way of today.

Posts: 57 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Local WM was sold out of many calibers right after announcement. Most likely folks panic buying when they thought it would not be there soon. Since then, plenty of inventory and barely a markdown or two (normal).

I love to hate WM. Virtue signaling adds to my list.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why not?
No one has a right to walk out of the store with items they don't have a receipt for, do they?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Why not?
No one has a right to walk out of the store with items they don't have a receipt for, do they?

This has been discussed in other threads. Once you pay for your items, they’re yours, not Walmart’s. They don’t have the right to stop you. If they think you’ve shoplifted, they need to notify LE. Sams club and membership houses are a different story.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2640019264/p/1

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:

Why not?

This has been discussed in other threads. Once you pay for your items, they’re yours, not Walmart’s. They don’t have the right to stop you. If they think you’ve shoplifted, they need to notify LE. Sams club and membership houses are a different story.

If Walmart has "no right" meaning being illegal why don't you sue them then? I have no problem showing my receipt though I worked in retail for years and know how much stuff can easily get out the front door without being paid for. BTW in a lot of places now the town/city will not prosecute for shoplifting under a certain amount, as much as $700 I believe in some places. That is also forcing retailers to keep a closer eye on their merchandise.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why not?

If Walmart has "no right" meaning being illegal why don't you sue them then? I have no problem showing my receipt though I worked in retail for years and know how much stuff can easily get out the front door without being paid for.

I’ll tell you why I don’t sue them. I don’t shop at Walmart anymore. In fact, I recently sold my Walmart stock. And when I did shop there in the past, I was never asked to show my receipt there. If I were asked, I would’ve just walked on out of the store. The only time I was ever asked for a receipt in my life was at an HHGregg store. I said no and walked out. Now, they’re history.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I bought a bunch of .40 at Walmart today. Sporting goods dude told me that the last day to purchase handgun ammo at Walmart is December 29.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why not?

That's incorrect. You are still on Walmarts property and inside their store.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I was in North Carolina for a soccer tournament last month. There was a Walmart across from our hotel.

I went into it to get Gatorade for the kids I had with me, and went by the ammo case just to compare it to how things were in Virginia

Just like in Virginia, there was still plenty of ammo

Unlike in Virginia all of the ammo was on rollback. Including what looked like $20 for a 150 round box of 124gr 9mm NATO Winchester ammo.

So I called the clerk over and asked him if that was really the price. He took a box out and scanned it, yep. $20 for the box of 150

I bought all 11 they had.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Even here in "guns & ammo are normal" Montana they sold out all the pistol ammo a few weeks back.

Good sale with prices so cheap I couldn't buy components for the same price. I bought ALL one store had in .45 acp. A bargain!

Sometimes virtue signaling is a good thing.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
quote:

They only check mine if I have stuff in the buggy that isn't bagged.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just walk past them. You don’t sue them because you are complying with their request. It’s not like they tackled you. You have no basis to sue unless they somehow detain you illegally.

Walk by, if they think you stole something then they can detain you call cops whatever. Otherwise fuck Walmart. If they hired enough employees to get rid of self checkout these issues would decrease noticeably. They did a cost value analysis, that’s on them.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post