SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They cave, Kroger caves and yet RURAL KING says they support us......Continue to support them if you can Great place to shop and buy on line

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This is just a step for Wal-Mart. I expect them to stop all sales of guns and ammo at some point in the future. Idiots.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I stopped by today and bought up most of their WWB 45 ammo. The guy at the counter said when they run out of handgun ammo they won't order any more. I left them a 200 pack of WWB in 45. If it's still there in a few days, I'll pick it up too. When all their range ammo is gone, so am I.

Oh, and I like when people make excuses like; I hate Walmart, blah, blah, blah, I never go there EXCEPT when they have (fill in the blanks) something I really need at a good price. So hypocritical.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I stopped and bought three boxes of Federal 9mm 115 gr for $7.97 a box.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:

Oh, and I like when people make excuses like; I hate Walmart, blah, blah, blah, I never go there EXCEPT when they have (fill in the blanks) something I really need at a good price. So hypocritical.

What's the point of this post? The crap that is going on with large companies like Walmart and their virtue signaling horseshit has me at my wit's end. Well, i didn't hate them before, but I hate them now. Walmart, the company that ass raped mom and pop shops and rural America now has the balls to lecture the very people and communities they helped destroy. They want to lecture us about what is virtuous and moral when we are only law abiding Americans who wish to have the means to defend ourselves, our families, and our homes. This CEO and Walmart, if they weren't before, are now our enemy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

What's the point of this post? The crap that is going on with large companies like Walmart and their virtue signaling horseshit has me at my wit's end. Well, i didn't hate them before, but I hate them now. Walmart, the company that ass raped mom and pop shops and rural America now has the balls to lecture the very people and communities they helped destroy. They want to lecture us about what is virtuous and moral when we are only law abiding Americans who wish to have the means to defend ourselves, our families, and our homes. This CEO and Walmart, if they weren't before, are now our enemy.

I thought the point was pretty clear. People have been bitching and moaning about Walmart for years, and yet some will go there when they want something for a good price and then still bitch and complain.

Perhaps you missed the first part of the post where I stated that when the ammo is gone I won't be going back because of their insane attitude regarding ammo sales.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Perhaps you missed the first part of the post where I stated that when the ammo is gone I won't be going back because of their insane attitude regarding ammo sales.

As a matter of fact, I did miss it.

Please excuse my ranting. It might be a bit irrational, but for some reason this Walmart thing has really got me angry.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Today I needed to pick up a few grocery and household items. Normally this would entail a trip to my nearest Wally World, but I went to Kroger instead due to this new policy! I also have Target as a nearby option, and will go there when my shopping is less grocery oriented!

WM can kiss off as they will get no more of my money unless there is no other option... and I can’t imagine that ever happening!

About that...
Kroger too

Well okay... didn’t know that about Kroger, and personally I’m not that bothered by a company asking folks to not carry openly, especially since I believe it is in everyone’s best interest to keep it concealed... but they aren’t pulling perfectly legal products from the shelves in the interest of “safety” either! Now if they put up signs banning ANY kind of carry in their stores, then I’m gonna have a serious problem with that!!!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
This is just a step for Wal-Mart. I expect them to stop all sales of guns and ammo at some point in the future. Idiots.

Following the trail that Dick's Sporting Goods so bravely blazed?

Probably not a big deal in major or medium size cities. There are a lot of Walmart's in rural areas that service areas of this country where they are probably the prime resource for guns and ammo. Nothing like pissing off most of your customers.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

As a matter of fact, I did miss it.

Please excuse my ranting. It might be a bit irrational, but for some reason this Walmart thing has really got me angry.

No problem, and I do agree with you on the spirit of what you stated.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
And now they are being sued by a couple injured in the shooting.

I typically don’t agree with these kinds of lawsuits but it seems to me that by pulling most of their ammo and guns they believe they are at fault. I guess if they feel like they are to blame then they should pay like they are.

Sorry for not posting the article and only the link, for some reason my phone isn’t letting me select and copy the text.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m...le/amp/idUSKCN1VP2NX

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Well okay... didn’t know that about Kroger, and personally I’m not that bothered by a company asking folks to not carry openly, especially since I believe it is in everyone’s best interest to keep it concealed... but they aren’t pulling perfectly legal products from the shelves in the interest of “safety” either! Now if they put up signs banning ANY kind of carry in their stores, then I’m gonna have a serious problem with that!!!

Thanks for the infringing. Roll Eyes
Maybe you can get police officers to cover their pistols and carry concealed?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I avoid Wal-mart whenever possible. The parking lot is scary and the odds of being hit by someone without insurance is very high.

I won't let my wife go to either Kroger around me. Hoodlums prey on older women in the parking lot. I will continue to CC at Kroger.

Interesting that two retailers that get a good portion of their sales from the Feds through EBT have made this "decision" about guns.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
I stopped by today and bought up most of their WWB 45 ammo. The guy at the counter said when they run out of handgun ammo they won't order any more. I left them a 200 pack of WWB in 45. If it's still there in a few days, I'll pick it up too. When all their range ammo is gone, so am I.

And yet you don't see the hypocrisy of your own practice? Oh, that is rich.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This sucks. But I don’t need Walmart. I have a Walmart grocery store VERY close to my house but I suppose I can quit shopping there as I had already been doing prior to Walmart making their retarded decision.

Yeah I know, me boycotting them won’t matter in the long run but when it comes to politics there is ONE ISSUE I care about above all others and that is protecting and expanding second amendment rights. I cannot in good conscience support a company who wants to disarm my family.

Fuck Walmart. Between Costco and our local farmers market where I can get excellent produce and buy meat in bulk from the butchers I can probably cut Walmart completely out of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Wal-Mart has stopped selling hand gun ammo. Well I haven't bought ammo at Wal-Mart in years. I can get better ammo from SGAmmo at near Wal-Mart prices, and get ammo that Wal-Mart doesn't carry. Kroger will no longer allow open carry in their stores. I have never open carried in my life and have no plans to start.
It would be easy for me to say that Wal-Mart's and Kroger's new rules do not effect me, so it's no big deal. However, I believe that kind of attitude is very wrong. These new rules by these two companies do effect people who bought ammo from Wal-Mart and people who open carry at Kroger. I believe that when any law abiding person is less free, we are all less free. It seem to me that this is just one more step in making us all less free. Little by little, day by day the left is taking away our freedoms, so yes it is a big deal!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe that when any law abiding person is less free, we are all less free. It seem to me that this is just one more step in making us all less free. Little by little, day by day the left is taking away our freedoms, so yes it is a big deal!

quote:
Thanks for the infringing.

Although I agree with both of you in concept, Walmart, Kroger, and similar are private property. They are not infringing upon your rights because you have no right to be there in the first place.

You are there at their invitation so long as you abide by their rules.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tucker was fired up about this last night...

Tucker: After 'Destroying Rural America,' Walmart Now Wants To Lecture Them About Guns

Fox News host Tucker Carlson accused retail giant Walmart of “destroying and degrading rural America,” then turning around and lecturing them about “how immoral they are for daring to protect themselves with firearms.”

Wednesday night’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” intro was a reaction to Walmart’s recent decision to stop selling certain kinds of ammunition in its stores.

Carlson called Walmart CEO Doug McMillon’s “strident statement calling on Congress to ban many semi-automatic rifles” a “big step” that has people who used to hate the retailer suddenly on its side.

“It’s a fascinating turnaround,” he said after playing several media clips. “For years, you’ll remember, Walmart was the target of coordinated attacks from the left. Progressives accused the company of destroying small towns, and of exploiting workers.”

The retail giant figured out, Carlson noted, that it could “buy immunity from criticism by mouthing left wing pieties.”

“That’s all it takes,” he said. “Sounding woke.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...arlson-walmart-guns/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24069 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Perfectly stated by Tucker.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need to get a lot more vocal and let Walmart know they messed up somehow?

The actively seeking new gun control is to me where they crossed the line. This makes the company an enemy to me, to liberty and especially the 2nd amendment. I actually now have anger towards Walmart where before I had none. This is not how corporations should act and I hope the market punishes them severely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post