SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I really don't understand the "crumbs" comments from the left. I mean are they that daft? I'll take a free meal at T Bell over giving the .gov a free meal.

One or one hundred, it's better than nothing. I think the left is just scared that it will work. Kinda ruins their narrative. Glad to hear it's starting to show up.
What you fail to understand is that the federal government would have didn't that money more wisely than you will. After all, they know what is best for you.

There is nothing to understand. It's not complicated. The commie leaders hate Trump with a passion. He is their mortal enemy. They could all get $100k each and still find a way to criticize the man. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
All you guys that are seeing an increase in take home pay, is it because there is less withholding being taken out of paycheck?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
All you guys that are seeing an increase in take home pay, is it because there is less withholding being taken out of paycheck?

Yes, exactly.

The new federal withholding tables just came out and employers are beginning to make the changes.

My take home went up about 30 bucks a week. I’ll take an extra $120 a month, sure. Never saw that with Obama, that’s for damn sure, only a shrinking paycheck as his lovely Obamacare fucked up employer provided health insurance and my premiums shot up and yearly deductibles went from $500 in 2008 to $6,800 today. You friggen piece of shit. Mad

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
should see my change in 2 weeks. im probably gonna jack up my 401k contributions a few percentage points with the difference. my pay varies by several hours of OT per pay period so its never consistent

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Works out to about $60/month, but hey, I'll take it.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Won't see it in my SS deposit--don't withhold from it, but probably will see a withholding reduction in my military retirement deposit.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen if my paycheck is any larger on average, will check next week. But my company did give out an extra $1,000 cash bonus on top of the regular bonus we get each year.

MAGA!

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My paycheck this week was pretty lean to start with (tradesman on piece work, slow week), so I can't tell much difference. I'd have to see old vs. new withholding tables for comparison. But I'll take any "crumbs" Roll Eyes I can get.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I just checked my Navy pension statement. I got a decent (compared to the last couple of years) raise in January and now I'm getting ANOTHER $24 a month thanks to DJT! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

I'm not gay or anything, but I'd kiss that man right on the lips given the chance!

They don't withhold from my SS, so that won't go up, but it'll all work out at tax time.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm retired from Federal Express. I have a couple of close buddies who still work there. I talked to one of them last night about the bonus and raises Fed Ex announced. He is skeptical Fed Ex will do what they say as Fed Ex has proven to be less than fair to it's employees in the past.
I will hear what really happens at the ground level there.

I'm now in the family distribution business with the wife. When we want a raise we work harder.
We are in the process of selling off about 60% of the business which should be done sometime this summer.
I have to talk to our accountant to see if Trump did anything that will help us with the capital gains proceeds we will be seeing from that.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Not yet, but I'm hoping. I had to change my exemptions from 7 to 4 since the wifie got a job and the parents picked up the child care. Yay. Anyone know if I'll see any?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
SS people supposedly got a raise but my check didn't go up on thin dime. It's the same amount to the dollar as last year. Guess Medicare got it all (no surprise there).

My meds hit me with a up front deductible this year that had never ever happened before. I hate Ins. Cos.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Looks like mine is about $45 more per week based on my stupid math (it was a 0.015% increase).
It's almost $200 a month, now if my medical would go down, then I would effectively have gotten a raise this year.

never mind. I will have to redo my math because of overtime and we did get a 2% raise in between checks.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get paid every two weeks. My check was up $55.

Beats a stick in the eye. Thanks Pres.

ETA:
My employer gives back 42% of profits to employees through profit sharing. The reduction in corporate taxes will make a "huge" difference in the checks that go out in the spring of 19. Thanks again Pres.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dano36
posted Hide Post
My 401k is up $35k since Jan 1. MAGA.

Posts: 72 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
$17 more "crumbs" per check... $68 a month extra in my pocket, I wont complain about that

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife just got her first post tax cut check and it went up by $150. Not sure if that includes her yearly raise or not though.

Still, that's $450 a month between the two of us, will be over $500 when my yearly raise kicks in in a couple weeks.

That's pretty incredible. Unfortunately, most if not all will be going to servicing debt for the near term instead of going back into the economy.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
It is also my understanding that exemptions were eliminated so people that had more exemptions listed on their W-4 would see less of an impact than those claiming 0.

Already seeing the bump in my paycheck as well this week. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Mine was about $50 per week.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I really don't understand the "crumbs" comments from the left. I mean are they that daft?

Not daft.

Scared.

Scared absolutely SHITLESS because they realize that people getting more take home pay, 401k’s and investments doing well, consumer confidence up all because of President Trump’s policies is TERRIBLE for the Democrats chance in 2020 to unseat Trump. Not a single one of these Goddmmed Communists voted for the tax reform, not a one.

They know they are fucked and it’s showing in how they respond to things like this.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post