SIGforum
Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2560087634

February 04, 2018, 10:18 PM
KShooter
Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet?
When are the changes supposed to be in place by? I just checked my paycheck I got this week and it was exactly the same as it always has been.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.
February 05, 2018, 06:00 AM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
When are the changes supposed to be in place by? I just checked my paycheck I got this week and it was exactly the same as it always has been.

The changes took place Jan 1, but the IRS had to update withholding charts. People who use paychex, ADP, and intuit are going to see the changes the fastest. People who work for companies that do pay checks in house may need to wait a little longer as their employers implement the new tables.

Either way you still owe less in Jan and Feb so if you don't see it on your last stub you can get it back at tax time next year.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
February 05, 2018, 10:21 AM
Jimineer
My federal withholding decreased by $175 for this last two week period.
February 07, 2018, 07:53 AM
Skins2881
Fiancee just checked her pay stub. $100 a month more in her pocket. Brings the total for our household up to $7,200 per year in tax savings and additional pay.

That's not crumbs at all, that's serious dough.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
February 07, 2018, 07:56 AM
xwesler
Extra $60/month here, kicked in last week. I get paid every two weeks (salary) but my staff gets paid every week (hourly) and they were pretty excited about it as well.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.
February 07, 2018, 08:32 AM
dog44
Extra $25 in my check!
February 08, 2018, 07:29 PM
HuskySig
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Looks like about a $5 reduction in federal taxes. That combined with slightly higher premium for my health care plan and the ability to deposit more money in my HSA, my gross is about $4 less per paycheck every two weeks.

I was wrong. My employer just implemented the new withholding schedule this week. My take home pay will increase $80 per paycheck. Not as large as I had hoped, but better than nothing.
February 08, 2018, 07:39 PM
Black92LX
My employer still has not adjusted the tax tables.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
February 08, 2018, 08:08 PM
Skins2881
quote:
quote:
Looks like about a $5 reduction in federal taxes. That combined with slightly higher premium for my health care plan and the ability to deposit more money in my HSA, my gross is about $4 less per paycheck every two weeks.

I was wrong. My employer just implemented the new withholding schedule this week. My take home pay will increase $80 per paycheck. Not as large as I had hoped, but better than nothing.

You just need to express it in a different way.

$80 x 26 = $2080

That's two grand per year extra, which can be expressed in other ways:

* 10 cases of 9mm or 10,000 rounds
* 80 bricks of. 22LR or 40,000 rounds
* A SIG Legion pistol, new P365, and a couple of holsters.
* 3-5 car payments depending on your ride.
* Mortgage payment, maybe two if you're in rural area.
* $2,080 more towards retirement
*10-20 fancy dinners for you and wife.
* An unexpected repair needed.

See when you frame it properly, it's nothing to be disappointed by.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
February 09, 2018, 07:52 AM
chellim1
quote:

$80 x 26 = $2080

Borrowed from your children, and your children's children?

You would think that tax cuts would be followed by spending cuts... but that is not the case. Last night, the GOP just approved more and bigger government, spending an Obama-sized Trillion Dollars! more than they will collect... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
February 09, 2018, 09:15 AM
SBrooks
I'm getting approximately $50 a month less deduction than I used to get - but I also got a 3% raise that took effect at the same time as the tax thing, so didn't try to do the full math on this...

so - salary X 1.3% + $50 = good.

------------------
SBrooks
February 09, 2018, 09:23 AM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

$80 x 26 = $2080

Borrowed from your children, and your children's children?

You would think that tax cuts would be followed by spending cuts... but that is not the case. Last night, the GOP just approved more and bigger government, spending an Obama-sized Trillion Dollars! more than they will collect... Roll Eyes

Tax cut + expenditure increase = bad
Tax cut + expenditure decrease = good
Tax cut + maintained spending = maybe good

I'd love to see so many things cut out of our budget. The federal movement has it's hands in so many things, that the founding fathers would have a heart attack if they knew what we were up to nowadays.

I can only pray that the repatriation of money to US soil and increased manufacturing in the US will offset some of the lost revenue.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
February 09, 2018, 09:50 AM
PASig
Everyone I hear from here and at work is getting anywhere from $25 to $100 or more a week with the tax cuts, so I had to roll my eyes when Yahoo News had a full article featuring someone getting a whopping $5 a week. C’mon now, that’s the ONLY person you could find as an example?
Roll Eyes

February 13, 2018, 11:41 AM
lkdr1989
Ugh, my tax cut just got wiped out...HR just announced insurance premiums are up another 8%.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
February 13, 2018, 11:57 AM
Warhorse
Has not made any difference in my retirement pension, nor social security.

February 13, 2018, 03:54 PM
FN in MT
My retirement check went up a tad over $100 a month.... I'm happy! Thank You President Trump!
February 13, 2018, 04:16 PM
rusbro
+$62 per paycheck. I'll take it.
February 13, 2018, 09:39 PM
Tailhook 84
It's a wash: $42 per paycheck, offset by a $50 increase for health care. Happy that my company still offers it.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."
February 13, 2018, 09:55 PM
StorminNormin
I am VERY happy with my extra money since I make WAY less than I used to and now every penny counts. I doubt we would hear much from the liberals getting extra money.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
February 13, 2018, 10:21 PM
Strambo
I’m surprised, $70 per bimonthly check. It will pay for my eldest kids braces payment. F Pelosi and her anti hard working American drivel.

I bet my company bonus will be higher as well, I hope they talk about if it is partly due to the cut, dont see how it couldn’t have a major impact.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page