SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just checked Friday's paycheck against one with same hours one month ago. $39 less in witholdings. That is very different than what the calculators showed. Not sure why I came up with $7.75 per week less in taxes, but withholding was almost $40 different. That's $2,000 a year!!! Hopefully taxes are actually that much less, not just withholdings.

Also boss left message on interoffice messaging app about STOU address and his confidence in 2018 for businesses and individuals. Asked him later about a Trump Bump, he hinted something is in the works. Hopefully it's a raise, but I'd settle for a small bonus, just so I could shove my 'crumbs' in a liberals face.

Eventually people will realize that they like having more money vs giving to the government. I think two months from now those against the cuts my change their minds.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
$14 more in this paycheck, compared to the last one.
I will gladly accept it.
Thank you, President Trump!

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I think it's about $200/month for me. That's a $2400 raise. Will it change my life? Not today. But that extra $200 is going into my 401k. 20 years from now that extra $200/month investment is gonna be worth some cha-ching.

Get people used to this level of taxes, and see what happens when the next democrat tries to take it back.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Mine works out to $44 a week. Enough to cover my weekly fuel bill for my vehicle and enough left over to order an extra pizza or so. I'm very pleased.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Yep, nice little crumb each month.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My net is about the same, but I also increased my 401k contribution by 1% a couple weeks ago, which I try to do every year.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Just looked at my paystub, take home went up about $19/pay check.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Pals check just came. $50.00 more per check, twice a month.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yup, about $250/mo here. Chump change of $3K / year if it sticks, but I’ll take it. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I have a pretty elaborate Excel spread sheet where I track my hours, leave use, etc. Government employee with all sorts of stuff in addition to the Fed/SS/Medicare with Union, Insurances, LTD, etc.

We are technically hourly, but averaged over a 87 hour bi-monthly pay cycle to make checks somewhat consistent except for OT. Been doing this for a while now and I consistently predict my check amount within about $2.

Apples to Apples comparison, Fed Tax deduction with old withholding vs Fed deduction with new withholding and no other changes, increases my net take home pay by $79 a paycheck/$158 a month.

That is $2016 a year base, and my guess is I’ll keep another $150-$200 of OT earned. Not what I consider “crumbs”.

Especially good news since the word is out that our property taxes are going up an expected 13-14% this year. That alone will eat up more than half the additional take home from the reduction in withholding Mad

To put it in perspective, our COLA this year was a 1.75% bump. That worked out to less than a $1600 gross increase in base pay.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So I mentioned a few days ago my check for today has $39 less withholdings. Excellent news! It doesn't stop there.

Yesterday my boss came out and met me in the field. We are talking liberal hysteria, STOU, and tax cuts. He tells me since he's paying less in taxes that he wants to give some of it to the employees. He pulls out of his pocket a check for $500 and slaps it in my hand! Does the story end here? Nope. Mind you he just five weeks ago paid me my Hanukkah bonus.

Next he tells me he's going to fund my HSA for me. I had not adjusted my contributions for the new year yet, he said he's going to fund it fully, so not only the money I was contributing but an extra $50 for this year's new limit. #winning

So in summary, I owe DJT a thank you for being directly responsible for:

$2,028 Less per year in withholding
$ 500 Bonus
$3,450 HSA contributions

$5,978 total.

Take those crumbs and shove them directly up your ass Mrs. Pelosi. Might want to use some lube, cause it's a lot of crumbs.

Best part of the story was the check memo:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it took effect with today's paycheck.
It is ~$90 per check.
Over the rest of the year that's +$2,000 in my pocket.
Not too shabby!

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my wife and I, we will be seeing just under $360 more per month in our bank account. Thank you, Mr. Trump!

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Check your statements/stubs/online stuff guys. Talked to a few people today. All are reporting $1,000+ per year differences. I'd love to have some additional stories of savings. I want to share them with every Trump hater I know.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
$224 a month less in Fed withholding.

Better in my pocket than the democrats.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
$100.00/month less in withholding from my pension check.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
This thread makes me smile.

Bigly!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Just checked my pay stub. Looks like an extra $70/week is going to my bank account.

Thank You President Trump!

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Stolen from Meme Thread:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I get paid monthly, and just checked my paycheck. I am now getting an extra $85 per month after taxes. I upped my 401K contribution to make my pay back to what I have been getting.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post