SIGforum
Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2560087634

January 27, 2018, 03:04 PM
DoctorSolo
Anyone Seeing Their Trump Tax Cut Pay Bump Yet?
65$ a week for me.

Not bad for a prole...
January 27, 2018, 03:18 PM
vinnybass
I got mine this week too. As I handed out the paychecks one of the people said to me, "Pffft, what difference does it make?" Bear in mind this is a guy who doesn't have two nickels left by Monday morning, no matter how much he gets, including yearly bonus. I told him, "Maybe you should think about keeping the extra in case something goes wrong." He looked as me as if he didn't understand the concept. You can't help some folks.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
January 27, 2018, 04:11 PM
lkdr1989

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
January 27, 2018, 04:17 PM
fgwilliams1
Looks like $130 more every two weeks. I'll take those crumbs. I earned them.

GW.
January 28, 2018, 06:06 AM
lastmanstanding
And Nancy would like to reduce those crumbs to a speck or nothing and still want you to be grateful. She already looks like a cadaver I hope I'm still here when she becomes one.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
January 28, 2018, 11:08 AM
m1009
Yes, here as well! Big Grin
January 28, 2018, 11:27 AM
HuskySig
Looks like about a $5 reduction in federal taxes. That combined with slightly higher premium for my health care plan and the ability to deposit more money in my HSA, my gross is about $4 less per paycheck every two weeks.
January 28, 2018, 05:07 PM
nhtagmember
payroll is on the 31 so I can compare stubs between last year and this year

I really don't care if I see any more money in the paycheck, I just don't want to pay any more in federal taxes

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

January 28, 2018, 05:40 PM
armedprof
My check was higher this week as well.

All this winning is going to become addictive.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.
January 28, 2018, 05:43 PM
Balzé Halzé
I'm waiting for the first to roll around when I get my paycheck. I'll be curious to see how much more take home I get. So far from what I'm seeing in this thread, these numbers are not trivial. Not in my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
January 28, 2018, 08:45 PM
Rightwire
There as a bump, under $100 every two weeks

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
January 31, 2018, 11:11 AM
nhtagmember
just compared my last 2017 check stub and my first 2018 stub

my federal taxes decreased $450 for this period so I will see about an extra $900 a month

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

January 31, 2018, 11:39 AM
jimmy123x
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I got mine this week too. As I handed out the paychecks one of the people said to me, "Pffft, what difference does it make?" Bear in mind this is a guy who doesn't have two nickels left by Monday morning, no matter how much he gets, including yearly bonus. I told him, "Maybe you should think about keeping the extra in case something goes wrong." He looked as me as if he didn't understand the concept. You can't help some folks.

These are the VERY SAME people that always mention how they're looking to make extra money, and side work. Then everytime you call them and offer them good paying side work, they have some BS excuse why they can't......ohhh I need to watch the ball game at the bar with my buddies etc. etc. etc.
January 31, 2018, 12:38 PM
erj_pilot
My end-of-month check today is $64.03 greater today than my December check was, based on the same exact hours.

Gee...I'm sooooooo pissed off about that. [smirk]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
January 31, 2018, 12:46 PM
bald1
My retirement income monthly direct deposits today showed a significant jump due to the tax cut.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 31, 2018, 12:50 PM
98XJRC
We’ll be seeing it on this coming check for the 2nd. Unfortunately the check isn’t posted yet on the payroll website to see the increase.
January 31, 2018, 01:31 PM
BGULL
Ours started two weeks ago.....winning, bigly!

Bill Gullette
January 31, 2018, 01:55 PM
gt2022
I get paid once a month - difference between 12/31/17 and 01/31/18 checks due only to the amount of tax withheld is $161.01.... looks like a raise in take home thanks to our Prez
January 31, 2018, 02:13 PM
Black92LX
I sure wish my employer did not wait to the very last second legally possible to implement anything.

I am estimating $100 or so bucks a month based upon what my wife's change was.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
January 31, 2018, 08:25 PM
jimmy123x
I'm self employed so I won't see anything till after the end of this year.