SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The NRA is coming to town....
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NRA is coming to town.... Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
About 90% sure that I'm driving up to Dallas, and staying with a buddy real close to the Mustangs at Los Colinas.

From what I've gleaned, I don't need to pre-register and I just need to plunk down my Endowment Member card and I'm good to go. Is that correct?

I'll have my Sigforum copper challenge coin with me.

From what I know you are correct. My packet says if I want a membership level ribbon for my badge, then I need to still go to the registration line.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just found out that Pence is coming to speak Friday at the NRA-ILA meeting.
We have tickets but a little ironic and bummed but do understand somewhat that no guns aka concealed carry at the meeting. Frown
I will be carrying everywhere else, all the time though! Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
As of 8 hours ago, Trump announced he is coming too. Also as a sideshow, Hogg is trying to “Pressure”, the NRA into not letting Pence speak. Not sure what he going to do, stomp his feet, hold his breath ? Guess he thinks the NRA is going to cower at his threats.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I made it up to my buddy’s in Los Colinas and lord willing will be at my first ever NRA annual meeting tomorrow.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I made it up to my buddy’s in Los Colinas and lord willing will be at my first ever NRA annual meeting tomorrow.

This was going to be my first time also. I am so bummed that some things came up preventing me from going. I already had a hotel and everything.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to go tomorrow.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I’ve been here since the doors opened at 9 and just stopped for lunch. The show is overwhelming as there are so many booths in a huge facility.

I fondled the P365 and like many others like it with the 10 round magazine but like it more with the 12 round or 10 extended. They said they’re 80,000 orders behind Eek

I really liked the P220 legion and it's been my favorite 10mm of the day. The old familiar feel of the Sig Classic series and the DA/SA just feels right. Probably my next handgun purchase.

Surprisingly, the P210 target was a horrible fit in my hands. The palm swell of the grip made my 2nd hand coming over the top seem like it was just floating out there.

Earlier this year, several people recommended the S&W M&P 380EZ for my a 70 something friend (it’s not me, I’m middle aged) with wrist and shoulder problems. Today, was the first time I’ve gotten my hands on one and I’m impressed with the easy to rack slide and easy to load magazine. The S&W guy was generous with his time and really showed it off.

As expected, I have seen zero Yeti products Big Grin

BTW, my lunch choice was underwhelming (make a turd quality BBQ with a price tag of $20).

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Copied from my separate thread for everyone who’s following this one:

Saturday

The SigSauer booth was huge and packed full of people from the minute I walked in when they opened the exhibit hall at 9:00, and it was still full when I went back there just before I left at noon.

There were two places in the booth where the P365 was on display and attendees could hold them, rack the slide, pull the trigger (no firing pin), check out the nice and short reset, see how the 10- and 12-round magazines fit, and get the lowdown on the P365 ammo (the details on that are pretty much what I posted the other day). A Sig rep was standing at one wall with five pistols mounted attached to cables. There was a line of people waiting to hold the guns and talk to him. At a large semicircular counter on the other side of the booth, about eight P365s were attached to the counter with cables and people were also lined up to play with them. Two had mounted lights. One is a green laser dot attachment and another is a fairly bright weaponlight attachment. They mount pretty easily—-the upper part slides along the proprietary front rail and the lower part goes right over the trigger guard. The mounts are secured with two small screws. The lights activate by putting a little pressure on a button in the middle finger groove.

This is a VERY popular gun at the show. The reps said that as of this past week, Sig was shipping 5,000---yes, five thousand---P365s every week. The number of pending orders as of this past week is 80---yes, eighty---thousand.

The P226 and P229 Legion and Nitron pistols were on display, as were a great-looking P225-A1, several P210s, and the P320 in a couple of configurations (including X and RX). Lots of people were handling the P320. The X and RX series were represented as well. Several nice Sig 1911s, P238s, and P928s were on the wall.

In another area, they had a P226 and P320 with Romeo sights for people to inspect. They look really good and look like they’d work very well, although a red dot sight pistol just isn’t my thing.

At a separate display, the M17 military pistol was a big draw, and they showed a number of configurations with both standard and extended magazines.

There were lots of Sig rifles there---the M400, MCX Virtus, 716, MPX, and MCX Rattler series. They were displayed and cabled so you could pick them up and work the charging lever, pull the trigger, and manipulate them to really get a feel for them.

The Virtus is really impressive, because you can choose it in either 5.56 or 300 BLK and pick different stocks, handguards, barrels, and optics. The MCX Rattler, available only in 300 BLK, has a five-inch barrel and was developed for elite military forces. The MPX is available in either a 16-inch barrel carbine or 4.5-inch barrel sub-gun. The M400 has a direct impingement OS with a Romeo Red Dot optic included as part of the package.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Is four hours going to be enough for us to see much? I'm not looking for anything in particular, I mostly just want my son exposed to a lot of guns and gun nuts in one place. We'll also need to register and get tickets on site.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Registration was a breeze for me. Got there after registration opened but a few minutes before the event hall opened. Showed my NRA card, declined upgrading, and was given my pass (goes around your neck). The glue for the 4 different life member levels sucks so it’s better to fold in half and insert in your plastic badge holder.

I saw 2/3 of show in 3 hours and then took a long break at lunch giving my feet a rest.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sittin' and waitin' for Charlie Daniels to start playin'.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Sittin' and waitin' for Charlie Daniels to start playin'.

Us too! On the floor right hand side.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Oh my sides...HoggHitler shoots a blank Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Adolph Hogg's star is dimming.......

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
So how was parking? Would I I better off with a $10 uber ride?

Si vis pacem para bellum

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
$15 where I parked

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't remember where you live in the Dallas area, but I drove to the Farmers Branch DART train station near my house and took the train down to the West End station, then walked the 10 blocks to the Convention Center. Easy as cake.

If I were you, I'd just find the nearest station and go from there.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:

I can't remember where you live in the Dallas area, but I drove to the Farmers Branch DART train station near my house and took the train down to the West End station, then walked the 10 blocks to the Convention Center. Easy as cake.

If I were you, I'd just find the nearest station and go from there.
There is a DART train station at the convention center. Had I known, I could’ve take the DART down there from my buddy’s place.

Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we're near a DART station, so that may be the best idea. And it looks like just me now. For some reason son doesn't want to go. Confused

Si vis pacem para bellum

posted Hide Post
My stepson and I had a great time, it was his first show. A big thank you for the suggestions of Big Al's and Sonny Bryan's. Both were located within a mile of our hotel and were fantastic ways to cap off each day we were there.
Anyone happen to catch the dates of next years meeting in Indy?

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post