SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those that live on the north side of Richmond, VA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those that live on the north side of Richmond, VA Login/Join 
Picture of Der Biermeister
posted
This may have already been discussed but it can't hurt to mention again.

Please pass the word

If you had joined Blue Ridge Arsenal gun range (next to Bass Pro south of Ashland) during this past year, you were probably shocked and dismayed that they had closed up shop about 5 weeks ago. It looked like the dispute between the property owner (Winding Brook Range, LLC and the renter Blue Ridge Arsenal) would be tied up in the courts for a long time to come. The GOOD NEWS is that Winding Brook has decided on their own to re-open the gun range. Even though they are a development corporation, they obviously see the huge business advantage of have the range being utilized. All previous memberships (including guest passes) will be honored for the duration of the memberships. As they get the operation up and running, it will simply be a gun range, with very little in terms of guns or ammo for sale. They DO have targets for sale. Hours right now are 12 noon to 7 PM and closed on Tuesday.

It is important to get all members notified of this turn of events. One problem is that Winding Brook does not have access to the list of 1100 members. That list belongs to Blue Ridge Arsenal. So at this time, only about 200 have trickled in finding their way back. So if you know anyone who might have been a member, PLEASE give them a call.

My only involvement in this is that I am a customer who desperately wants to see the Range thrive so that I can keep using it.
Thks

"hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Admiral Bull Halsey

Posts: 10 | Location: Richmond, VA vicinity | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great meeting you today. I am glad to see it under new leadership. I borrowed your post and passed it along all of the local facebook resident pages.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Der Biermeister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Great meeting you today. I am glad to see it under new leadership. I borrowed your post and passed it along all of the local facebook resident pages.

Yeah, great to meet you too. I am kind of embarrassed as I had no idea that I've been a forum member here for two years. I think I may have joined back then, and like you said, got involved in the 2 day wait before I could post anything -- and then simply forgot about it. Roll Eyes

I'll be active now.

"hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Admiral Bull Halsey

Posts: 10 | Location: Richmond, VA vicinity | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, this is the best gun forum. There are a number of us central VA folks. It would be good to get us all together.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been meaning to get back once I heard they re-opened.

Anything to avoid having to shoot at Colonial!

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
I've been meaning to get back once I heard they re-opened.

Anything to avoid having to shoot at Colonial!

You can say that again.

Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Honestly, this is the best gun forum. There are a number of us central VA folks. It would be good to get us all together.

It would be good to meet some of you guys. Wink

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with Colonial?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be heading that way shortly. Colonial is ridiculous!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
What's wrong with Colonial?

I went there once years ago with Jim Shugart,

it was ok,
nice clean etc,

know a couple of folks that work there,

I have some customers that still shoot there, and others that will not ever shop/shoot there again,

never pressed them to say why

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted my reasons for not going back to colonial in the gripe room at the time.

I will not give them another dime.

This new range is 30 minutes closer for me.

posted Hide Post
The range prices at Colonial are crazy high. The video they force you to watch is dumb. Only being allowed to have one gun uncased at a time is inane. Cramming people next to eachother just so the RSOs don't have to walk it lazy.

The RSOs are a bunch of insanely strict dictators who love to comment on your shooting, find something you are doing wrong in your lane to correct or just be arrogant in general.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post