SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So the Boss Grabs Me Like He was Gonna' Deck Me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So the Boss Grabs Me Like He was Gonna' Deck Me Login/Join 
posted
I'm talking to him, getting my marching orders, saying the obligatory "Yes Sir, Okie Dokie" , and taking a step back to go to work. He snatches up my shirt and a bunch of chest hair and pulls me towards him. I'm freaking out thinking his cheese has slid off his cracker when I notice the fork lift whizzing by, inches away.....Damn, Thank You Charlie for saving me from getting squished like a bug.

20 feet away from where a woman was killed by a lift truck in 1978.

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you've got a good boss with a quick reaction time. Glad you're OK!

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn! No horn or do your operators use them so much that you are immune to them?

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Shit !

Sounds like they need some worker safety type stuff. ropes/rails/curbs horns something...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duke762:
He snatches up my shirt and a bunch of chest hair and pulls me towards him.

Good thing you didn't take a swing at him!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
When I first read this quickly, I thought you said, "He snatches up my SKIRT..." Would have put a whoooole 'nuther dynamic on the story... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
Shit !

Sounds like they need some worker safety type stuff. ropes/rails/curbs horns something...

When I was in IBM management back in the '80's, we had forklifts working inside the plant. We also had test and assembly areas where people were working.

Those forklifts had speed governors on them that restricted their speed to "walking speed".

For personnel safety reasons.

Sounds like the place in the OP needs to do that.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Most people get too comfortable around forklifts, they can do lots of damage at even a walking speed.

Posts: 9953 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you're safe! I hold the dubious(now laughable) distinction of having been run over by a forklift where I work.

I was walking between shop buildings when the forklift came out of one of the buildings, rounding a corner. I honestly don't remember if the driver sounded his horn as required. At the last moment he saw me and hit the brakes(there were skid marks). The right fork hit my left leg and then I was knocked down in between the forks and contacted the framework of the adjustable fork setup. Thankfully no real blood, or broken bones, just skinned up in a couple of places.

It still gets brought up now and then 10 years later......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Meet Stapler Fahrer Klaus (gory - a work video that's NSFW!)

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:

Big Grin I remember seeing Klaus the first time in high school.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
And they say the Germans don't have a sense of humor.

quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/do7lYmr2fPs?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
When I first read this quickly, I thought you said, "He snatches up my SKIRT..." Would have put a whoooole 'nuther dynamic on the story... Eek

Why? Because the boss is grabbing skirts, or because the OP is wearing one? Wink

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Sue him for chest hair replacement!

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Are you glad he didn't Harvey Weinstein grab you?
Did you at least hug him?
That was a great story, I was ready for a bad one!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Why? Because the boss is grabbing skirts, or because the OP is wearing one? Wink

Well...that was the dilemma at hand..... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, I am SO taking that to our maintenance manager tomorrow!! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Ahh, yes, the forklift. At the company I worked for while I was in college, we called them towmotors. I worked in the warehouse, so I drove one on a regular basis. They made us drive them backwards. Always. Pick up a skid, then turn around and take the skid, backwards, through the manufacturing plant. Drop the skid, then drive, backwards, back to the warehouse. Always backwards....

Despite this "safety" factor, I still saw someone get his foot run over by a towmotor.
But the guy who got his foot run over was a doofus, and it was really as much his fault as the driver's. I always thought he stuck his foot out on purpose, so he could get disability. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I like forklift fails as much as the next guy, but I think I'd be grateful to be alive! We have some PLE where I work, but thankfully nothing that moves very fast, and the only forklift we have works outside-only.

The fails I like:

And a win, just for good measure.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post