SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump urges Ban on Bump Stocks and other like modifications
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump urges Ban on Bump Stocks and other like modifications Login/Join 
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
What does multiculturalism have to do with school shootings? I completely agree that our society is sick and we have the Leftists mostly to blame. Just not sure where multiculturalism comes into play specifically here.
It depends upon what one means by "multiculturalism". It usually is conflated with ethnicity. I think in this case, it's philosophical environment; non-judgemental, moral equivalence, accepting of nontraditional norms, anything goes. And I agree that multiculturalism is a bane to society.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Do you think that we could get through this with nothing being done?

I was hoping for nothing being done with gun control. I didn't think T would make this an issue.

Things being done to strengthen the existing laws, teachers with guns, etc... all for it.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to destroy your bump stock by midnight if you still have one! Up to 10 years in the fed pen along with a $250K fine if you are in possession after midnight.

(I've never owned or wanted one, for the record)

https://www.govinfo.gov/conten...94IZ04_rj8v9Wj3YRv80

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
And, the destruction must be done correctly!

ATF - How to correctly destroy a bump stock

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Admittedly I don’t have cable, but it doesn’t seem like this was publicized very much. Did they push this on the news that I missed? I know ignorance of the law isn’t an excuse... but....

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barsad0:
Admittedly I don’t have cable, but it doesn’t seem like this was publicized very much. Did they push this on the news that I missed? I know ignorance of the law isn’t an excuse... but....

I have only seen mention of it on local news, and that is only because Clark Aposhian (a local) has been fighting it constantly in the courts.

That being said, I think bump stocks are stupid, but I don't agree with how The Administration went about the whole process.

Posts: 434 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Assuming you had a bump stock prior to midnight, are you going to keep your pieces?

If you are keeping them, why?

Evidence of destruction, souvenir or some other reason?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Show me on the bump stock, where it touched you?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So should I just send the ATF a rubber band? Any specific brand? Or maybe the belt loop from my Wrangler jeans. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I hope ATF will keep us updated on how many of these get turned in.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I hope ATF will keep us updated on how many of these get turned in.

My guess? Two or three get turned in.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Some retailer in TX is turning over 60K.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....cks-to-atf-tomorrow/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

He is fucked and has no choice, because they know he has them.

Do I need to cut off my finger?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I wonder if RW arms will even get a tax consideration for the business inventory loss?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

I didn't make any judgments. Will he get reimbursed?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sad state of affairs....This comment from the TTAG atricle make light of what is unfortunately a VERY Serious situation:
quote:
"Is Benchmade available to help?

I laughed, but it's NOT funny. I could care less about Bump Stocks (never even considered buying one), but this is a VERY Bad precedent. I'm sure RW Arms will be able to write this off (tax wise) as a business loss, this is NOT Right! Frown Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

I didn't make any judgments. Will he get reimbursed?

Lol, reimbursed? By the government? That’s funny

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many prosecutions will actually occur for failure to comply.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I wonder how many prosecutions will actually occur for failure to comply.

I'm sure they'll pick someone to make an example out of, someone who cannot afford to put up much of a fight. ATF will be very picky about this and not just grab the first person they find. Then it will be very interesting to see what kind of outside help Mr. Test Case gets. If Mr. Test Case gets top flight legal help, look for all kinds of dirt to come out about how ATF picked on him and what went into the decision. Rest assured, it will have had nothing to do with public safety.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You might as get ready for it because "scary" features and mag limits are next.
Maybe not in this administration but they will be eminent.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post