SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump urges Ban on Bump Stocks and other like modifications
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump urges Ban on Bump Stocks and other like modifications Login/Join 
posted
Trump urges ban on 'bump stocks,' other gun modifiers

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...r-gun-modifiers.html

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There are no devices that turn legal semi-automatics into machineguns except machinegun parts like auto-sears and lightening links, which are already regulated.

Tie the definition of these hypothetical devices to the current legal definition of a machinegun and you get exactly nothing new.

But I am ok if gun-grabbers want to go after non-existent devices. Might as well ban devices that can turn a cat into a dog.

If they want to seriously go after slide-fires and such, they're going to have to change the definition of semi-automatic--that I am not ok with.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
How about a deal? We can give them bump stocks if they give us Pelosi's retirement.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fine with banning bump stocks specifically. They are dumb.

There better not be any of that 'rate increasing device' BS though...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Other modifications may end up including trigger’s as well, so stay alert on this one!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well, a bump stock does not turn a gun into a machine gun so they are safe.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Banning features is a bad principle. Remember, these are Progressives.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
By banning we're talking about banning of sales, not confiscation, right?

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Well, a bump stock does not turn a gun into a machine gun so they are safe.

This!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think bump stocks are dumb but I am livid over this. Why do we always have to cave to these assholes? I don’t care how insignificant it is..
We should be gaining freedoms with guns not losing more.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Banning features is a bad principle. Remember, these are Progressives.

Terrible mistake to just give this away. Trump may be a little naïve about these gun grabbers.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
By banning we're talking about banning of sales, not confiscation, right?

In the US laws ordering confiscation are rare, if not nonexistent. If there is no “grandfather” provision, the statues usually just say that the item cannot be possessed after a certain date. How the owner divests himself of the prohibited item is then up to him within whatever other provisions of the law there may be.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
I'm fine with banning bump stocks specifically. They are dumb.

There better not be any of that 'rate increasing device' BS though...

Agreed. I am okay with this. I am also okay if they ban binary triggers.

I also saw some mention of raising the age to purchase ARs from 18 to 21 perhaps like handguns. None of these changes bother me but that’s probably because they don’t affect me.

I am just concerned about the potential for scope creep with banning things...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Also 'strengthening background checks'

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Surely, we will see some reactionary legislation in some states as well.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Also 'strengthening background checks'

Except what they mean is so called universal background checks. That is defacto registration. You don't want that.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like ANY of this, as once you open the door it leads to even more regulation and things getting slipped into it at the last minute.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Surely, we will see some reactionary legislation in some states as well.

I was glad to see the Florida legislature immediately killed the 'assault weapon ban' that was being proposed...Despite the left using children as pawns in their disgusting attempt to ram it thru.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
The idea of banning anything is wrong. We already have enough regulations to choke a horse.

Banning isn't going to stop another mass killing. People who are inherently law abiding are not the problem.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post