SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    zero turkey day plans
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

zero turkey day plans Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
We hit the local Bob Evans for traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Took the MIL who is only a few weeks out of 3 month rehab following surgery from being hit by a car while walk old. Small wait time, good service, foods reasonably good, in and out no problem.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ten at my house. Ten Dems, one Republican.

Trying to be a gracious host, kept my mouth shut. Until I had enough. They all know me.

They left quickly after that. Probably talking about how an ungracious host I was. I wasn't expecting anything else.

In my behalf, all who know me know that I have a subtle, almost charming, subdued tone of voice. Barely perceptible.

Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midnight shifts yesterday and tonight. Will get to listen to how well my sister is doing tomorrow @ family dinner & why I need to apply myself more, wasted potential, etc. I'd pay my boss if he let me work the weekend.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
90 minutes to pizza

At about that time I put out a pound of 80/20 so fresh I had to stick a weighted pot over it. Keep it from crawling away. Let it set for an hour, made one big patty, and dropped it into a smoking hot cast iron skillet. Even the firemen next door popped their heads around the corner when the smell came into their station. Sorry, guys, burger for one. No extras.

The Bob Evans sounds good. Hmmmm, turkey breast smothered in steaming hot sausage gravy ... Sacrilege or savior?

Parade Duty ... for the good guys.

The wife or the mother in law? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
maybe do a bit of work on my HF antenna system...

Same here. Uninterrupted time on a kid's fiddle. The kind of stuff the lady who sold the violin last year should have done before selling it. New sound post (on the second try), carve a nut from a blank, ream the peg holes, fit the pegs. Still wants a new saddle. Giddy-up!

Probably the highlight was an email from a gal who could not be here. For decorum, I share with you only an excerpt: I am thankful for you and the loving man you are. Awwww, shucks! Smile

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post