SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    zero turkey day plans
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

zero turkey day plans Login/Join 
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
There's certainly nothing wrong with scaling down the festivities... just remember to give thanks and it's all good. Wink

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't planning on it, no place to go until Tuesday. A friend invited me to her house and though they are having ham, I was requested to do up one of my almost famous smoked turkeys.

I just finished the prep, up at 4:45 AM to stick it in the smoker for the 7+ hours.

What ever all my invisible friends are doing, I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Low key T day here as well. Just me mom and dad tomorrow. Mom is a great cook so it will be a good one. Hope all have a great day.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Nada.Just had a tooth pulled and bone grafted and sewn.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Working in the home office. Kids are going to put up the tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Scheduled to work at the hospital on Thanksgiving. Maybe able to make it home for the family feast, maybe not. Might have to have a cold turkey sandwich when I get home. No wine with it though because I'll still be on call for another 48 hrs.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm going to the 4th largest thanksgiving day parade in the country.

Against my will, getting paid straight time. And it's supposed to start at 35 degrees.

And I have to report in 4 hours, for a parade that doesn't start until 6.5 hours from now. And finishes up too late to eat with any of my or the wife's family.

So about 300mg of caffeine and a cliff bar are the extent of my plans at the moment.

Oh, and no sleep.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite holiday of the year. No commercial bs of Christmas. Great food and family. Tons to be thankful for.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I cherish most is my wife and son. We three decided to go out this year. To not slave cooking for two days for people that may or may not show up, then clean up for two days after.

We are going to dress nicely, sport coats for the boy and I, and have reservations at the Capital Grille for our Thanksgiving lunch just the three of us. Tomorrow morning we are going to drive up to our lake place and spend the rest of the weekend hiking the Ozarks.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I'm going to the 4th largest thanksgiving day parade in the country.

Against my will, getting paid straight time. And it's supposed to start at 35 degrees.

And I have to report in 4 hours, for a parade that doesn't start until 6.5 hours from now. And finishes up too late to eat with any of my or the wife's family.

So about 300mg of caffeine and a cliff bar are the extent of my plans at the moment.

Oh, and no sleep.

Is there one in Charlotte? My parents are in town for the holidays and they asked me if there’s a parade. I told them that I had no idea. They are staying at a hotel uptown so if there is maybe it will go past their hotel lol.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Staying at home, the wife is cooking and I think I'll head out back with the 12 ga. and see if I can call in that coyote that's been hanging around the area.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
90 minutes to pizza

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm cooking right now. My 2 younger brothers, their wives and 6 kids ranging from 9 months old to 17 years old. I don't mind it all and I've been gone for a few weeks so it'll be nice to sit down and talk.
This is what holidays are about to me. Family.
Tomorrow I have a bunch of friends coming over to shoot in the back acreage. No shopping, black Friday shit or anything like that.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
joat , thats an all out festival ! Big Grin
for crying out loud

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Just me, my wife and my mother in law. She’s currently running around upstairs naked. Anybody want her? Please?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
joat , thats an all out festival ! Big Grin
for crying out loud

It is but I love it. My family has always been big on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day.
We eat, talk and just enjoy family. Any holiday and that's what I'm thankful for.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be working at the homeless shelter in a few hours. This year (been working there since 2003) they have forms to fill out. I didn’t look at the forms until today. One is a liability waiver, no big deal. The other is a photo/video release waiver and it states:

quote:
I ______________________________ (Name) hereby give permission to XXXX for the use of my property, photography, voice recordings or video for social media, public relations or advertising use for the period of up to five years. I also agree to have these items used on their website and social media sites. I understand that my information may be used in conjunction with others as part of a testimonial, fundraising or advertising campaign. I understand that if XXXX elects to remove my information, they may do so without notice. I understand that I am to receive no compensation for the use of my likeliness. I understand that I am giving full creative rights to XXXX for the use of my materials.

Unbelievable. I will show up with the other form signed but I wouldn’t sign the above for anything. What a world. I also may be doing absolutely nothing today. Gifts, whether physical,work, or monetary, well God says to be nameless, faceless.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
What I cherish most is my wife and son. We three decided to go out this year. To not slave cooking for two days for people that may or may not show up, then clean up for two days after.

We are going to dress nicely, sport coats for the boy and I, and have reservations at the Capital Grille for our Thanksgiving lunch just the three of us. Tomorrow morning we are going to drive up to our lake place and spend the rest of the weekend hiking the Ozarks.

Medium rare bone in NY strip for turkey day was a success.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Just me and my dog, The Cisco Kid. We stayed home, he ate dog food, and I ate a ham and cheddar on rye with Miracle Whip. We split a store-bought punkin pie. (don't tell him he got the little piece)

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
At my age family is getting smaller and smaller but still keeping the heritage alive

Its important, I think to remember not just what we are thankful for, but WHO we are thankful too.

The gift of life from the Almighty, the best gift giver.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post