SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    zero turkey day plans
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

zero turkey day plans Login/Join 
posted
for me here in tiny town , anyone else just plain old letting it slide on by w/o a lot of hoo rah! ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's my plan as well.

Family is staying home - small turkey for dinner and a few good movies on Netflix.

No travel, no major prep or clean-up, no drama!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Me too.

I'm just going to hunker down with some ramen soup and the telly.

It's nice to get to a point later in your life when a big hoopla is not that important for your entertainment during the holidays.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffet dinner at the Yooper Holiday Inn. Zero after that. And double zero Friday!!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My brother and his family are going to his in-laws ...

So I sez to my sister and mom, "I've been invited to _______'s house every year and always have to turn them down because of family stuff. But this year I'm going". And told all the other people who invite me that I'm going to my sisters.

Today I picked up a pound of fresh 80/20 and will fry one very very large burger tomorrow.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not doing a damned thing except catching up on my reading, maybe do a bit of work on my HF antenna system...

no fancy dinners...nothing here

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife and I really do not care much for Turkey. Our son and his family are going to his inlaws for dinner, we were invited, but graciously declined the heartfelt invite.

My southern belle wife is preparing us a meal of pinto beans, corn bread, and ham.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have one son who is home on college break and the other 2 sons won't be making it home so we are going to have pizza. Our middle son graduated from college this past May and took a job in Texas and that has been very hard on my wife..the youngest son has one more year of college after this one and after he graduates it will not be a fun time around our house for awhile.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I offered to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for the fam to minimize stress and help my SIL and wife. Was gonna buy a dozen turkey TV dinners and a couple of boxes of Black Box™ wine. They turned my offer down. And tomorrow we'll all be walking on eggshells because those girls will be stressed out.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
It is just going to be me, the wife, and my son this year. In the past we would go to my brother's place in Ohio and see my Mom; however, it is more important to me to be with my Son, and he has to work on Thanksgiving and the day after.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Going shooting in the morning and to t-day dinner in pm. Other than that I'm vegitating.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My oldest son had basketball practice for 3 hours today, has a game Friday, and 3 hours of practice on Saturday

I couldn't do a whole lot if I wanted to

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Son is flying home from Army A.I.T. as we speak, gets in around 11 pm. I'm working my last night shift, done at 6:45 am, off till Tue. Going out to camp, cooking a turkey in the oven, Ham on the grill. Whitetail deer hunting for remainder of the weekend.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Just me, the wife and the live-in brother-in-law, and none of us is all that wild about turkey so we went with seafood.

Got 'em fresh from the Co-op today, didn't want to wait until tomorrow to snarf 'em down. Plenny of leftovers for lobster stew and clam chowdah tomorrow.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No real dinner plans--no family. May do some handloading because I'm going to visit my Best Friend in Denison on Friday, and we'll do some shooting. (I need to create some fun loads for my .50AE and .45 Win Mag Grizzly pistols. I load for flash and blast!)

grizzly50
by David Casteel, on Flickr

Neg18nb
by David Casteel, on Flickr (.45 Win Mag)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is just me and the girlfriend.
We are going to have turkey, sweet taters, peas etc..
It is just us. Her family is in Cleveland and mine is in Florida for the winter.

I am off but have to pull six out of seven days after that so I am going to hit the gym, read, watch stupid re-runs etc..

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count your blessings, bendable.

Happy day, happy life to you.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Bendable, if you hit the road now, you can get to my mom’s house for dinner tomorrow afternoon. It will just be her, me, and Mrs.BurtonRW. You’re welcome to join us.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ms Fredward is baking up our favorite frozen lasagna. We'll do nothing, thankfully. The last 6 months have been way too full.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the wife & I. No family drama. Do some cooking and enjoy the 4 day weekend.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post