SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone interested in adopting a dog
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone interested in adopting a dog Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I hope it works out for you, V-Tail.

Our daughter was born when we already had our pit bull. A few months later we got another dog, a Yorkie-malteese mix of some sort. Both dogs are very protective of my wife and daughter and that's fine by me.

Sounds like that family didn't even try.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Next month it will be one year since Pippi's fatal stroke.

I'm not sure if I'm ready yet, but I'm not that far from you.

Can an "interview" be arranged?

Do it! First box of treats and toys are on us!

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Look at that face v-tail. That dog is just waiting to adopt you.
Don't disappoint him.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I too hope this works out for V-tail. Life is too short to not have a happy tail wag every time you walk in the door!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Next month it will be one year since Pippi's fatal stroke.

I'm not sure if I'm ready yet, but I'm not that far from you.

Can an "interview" be arranged?

Go for it V-Tail!
I so hope this works out for the pup and ya'll
I think it was meant to be!

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Daughter is taking care of a dog for a short time for some of her friends who just had a baby and the wife didn't want the dog in the house.

I hate people like that.

Good on your daughter for stepping up. Hope he finds the home he deserves.

Mrs slosig and I got _our_ first dog when we took her dog over to meet the three month old puppy belonging to a Delta pilot (gone a lot) and his wife who had three young children, one a baby in her arms. The Aussie came to the door, sniffed Molly, then ran around the room, up on the sectional sofa, then on the wall above the sofa around the corner, then back on the sofa and back to say hello again. I've always felt that a dog is a commitment for life, but that poor woman trying to manage three little kids and a three month old Aussie puppy would have Ben completely insane. Sometimes folks have to know their limitations...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Good looking pooch. Hope you are able to find a good home.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, go for it. I lost one of our labs in February. I know how hard that is. But still having one at home made the healing much better. I am sure you will not regret it.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The dog had been their "child" for several years, once the baby was born the dog wasn't keen on the kid getting the attention, and he can be very possessive of his toys, you don't try to take them away he growls and it's a warning.

I think she was concerned that the baby crawling around and getting into the dog toys and the dog might snap at it, they hated to let the dog go is my understanding.

Outside of that he's a nice dog, sweet, loves to play, house broken, you can take him out off a leash to the yard and he minds and comes right back in, my daughter also has a Chihuahua/Wiener dog mix and they both get along fine.

Shilo is a good dog, I think the mother just had concerns with him and a baby. It wasn't her saying, "either he goes or I go", it just wasn't a good fit.

That stuff happens, but lets keep on focus of finding him a good home, hopefully Vtail and I can meet up this week and it works out.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
His next human needs to correct that guarding behavior. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pippi
would understand and be proud of you!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
He growled at the baby and she got rid of it to a good home.
It's not always easy to find a good home for a baby.

I would have responded earlier, but I was busy cleaning chicken soup off the monitor and keyboard!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
He growled at the baby and she got rid of it to a good home.
It's not always easy to find a good home for a baby.
That's funny right there! I don't care who you are.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post