SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saturday Funny - surely I can't look that old
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday Funny - surely I can't look that old Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
Ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, surely I can't look that old?

Well . . . You'll love this one.

My name is Alice, and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his dentist’s diploma on the wall, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

“Yes. Yes, I did… I'm a mustang,” he gleamed with pride.

“When did you graduate?” I asked.

He answered, “In 1975. Why do you ask?”

“You were in my class!,” I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely.

Then, that ugly, old, bald, wrinkled faced, fat-assed, gray-haired, decrepit, son-of-a-bitch asked,

“What did you teach?”

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Hahaha

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
We are having our 50th year HS graduation party this summer (pending the virus stuff) they informed us everyone will have to wear the issued name badges, as we won't be able to recognize anyone at the party based on what they looked like 50 years ago.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome, thank you!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
We are having our 50th year HS graduation party this summer (pending the virus stuff) they informed us everyone will have to wear the issued name badges, as we won't be able to recognize anyone at the party based on what they looked like 50 years ago.

At my wifes 40th they had made buttons with each persons high school pic and name. I thought that was a great idea.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
My HS 65th is this summer. I hadn't planned on attending (it's 1500 miles away) but I did do the 50th (and I did recognize quite a few there). No one recognized me (I have a beard and mustache now) until I spoke--then everyone knew who I was. (I guess my residence in Texas hasn't damaged my Detroit accent too badly.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a grandparents day
A couple of months ago and a lady sitting at our table in the lunch room,

Made the comment, Wow look at all of the old people in here,and to think I went to school with some of them. And she was serious....

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:

Made the comment, Wow look at all of the old people in here,and to think I went to school with some of them. And she was serious....

I used to tell old people jokes. I don't do that anymore as I am starting to fit more and more of those old people jokes. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:

My mental image of myself is in the 20-30 range--until I look in the mirror or feel my twinges. . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking I need to save some hair clippings and pick out a few colored hairs to remember. It will soon be all white. It was once about black.

I’m probably the old person now.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had reason to go to the emergency room a year or two back. While I’m sitting there a conversation is going on in an adjoining room “Oh yeah, there’s this sixty something guy out there that cut off his finger...” So I’m looking around for some old guy that also has a bandage on his hand.... it was me.

The finger, well, that’s another story.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post