SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Navy.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Navy. Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted

Big Grin

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Making Scotch runs look good since 1799!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Challenge coin from the Chief's Mess. Was told on tour of the Constitution that just about the only original wood left after these centuries is the keel ... which we were taken down and allowed to see through a small hatch forward.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Well I am sure the Marines helped too!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Love it. And we are Making America Great, Again! Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Rum and scotch don't go rancid - every salty sailor knows that!!

US Navy - 1982 to 2005

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have walked both her and her sister ship Constellation several times and I always wondered, how the hell could you deal with this bullshit at sea for months at a time, storms, heat, cold etc.

Now I know.......and apparently I was 1800s Navy Material.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
It sounds all fun and all, but unfortunately, not true.

https://ussconstitutionmuseum....busting-favorite-my/

Too bad, though, I wish it were true...

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Challenge coin from the Chief's Mess. Was told on tour of the Constitution that just about the only original wood left after these centuries is the keel ... which we were taken down and allowed to see through a small hatch forward.

Exact same thing in 1997 aboard the Vella Gulf, and you? My retirement flag was flown above her!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Exact same thing in 1997 aboard the Vella Gulf, and you? My retirement flag was flown above her!

2005 John F Kennedy. Port visit Boston, on the way up to or back from Fleet Week NYC. Can't remember which.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post