SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anyone Still Watch The Nightly News
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Still Watch The Nightly News Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nope - can't trust them to tell the truth so why bother

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not since President Trump won.

I do watch Fox Business I like Maria, Stewart Varney & Trish Reagan.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I cannot my blood pressure levels do not need to be that much higher.

I will no longer watch it.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Mornings with Maria on Fox is about it for me.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Nope, no local or network news here. Too many honest websites.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Not since 9-11 and the liberation of Iraq. I had quit with the MSM before that but those were such momentous events that I watched to follow history, mostly the McNeil-Lehrer News Hour. No Toilet reVerse news now.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I watch my local news every night at 9 PM.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch the local news. For the weather forecast.
No national news at all.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
In truth, not since the Reagan era. I watched them lie and said go to hell!

We had conservative talk show hosts out here, I listened to them - Jim Eason, etc.

What I really miss is newspapers. Used to be they had information, but they turned into propaganda. Now they're thin rags with propaganda.

I went to the SF Chronicle and Examiner in the 80's to repair their pre press equipment and we talked about their bias. They denied it, I stood fast. There they were, half assed bald with ponytails. Chuckle heads! We're not biased...

Pointed out facts with attribution, got the personal insults.

No, I do not watch the news, not even the local LGBTQRSTWXYZ horse shit - makes my blood boil.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I slowly weaned away in 2008 when I discovered I could not listen to sparkle muffin's voice. Once I cut back I just continued until I cut it out.

There was a news story this morning and as I sat at the computer and piddled away my wife came and told me there was an active shooter in a nearby town (Shelton, for locals) I didn't even look up I just told her that it was a false report and apparently had something to do with an arrest at the school.

And that's the way it goes, the lame stream can't keep up even when they try, which isn't often I guess.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Nope. I stopped watching the news after the election. I get my news here.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
NEVER. Can't stomach it. I haven't watched for years!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Nope, not since the advent of CNN and FNC. CNN used to be good objective news...not so much now.

Nowadays I'll watch the local 10PM news for local stories and weather, but that's it.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that I do watch the local and national news. I have to keep my finger on the pulse of the liberal left, and monitoring their propaganda is a good way to do it,

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
We watch the local news only.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
No...it's been maybe 10-12 years since I've watched it. I've also not watched a single commercial, other than Super Bowl ads, since DVR became available from our cable company.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Local news only but even then at times they get turned off when they start to downgrade President Trump.

Lou Dobbs is the only worth while program to watch.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Never have and highly doubt I'll start now.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not just because of the fact we don't have cable as I stopped watching the news before that.

I just got tired of the agenda instead of fact reporting. I had even stopped watching Sportscenter because they had to inject politics in that, too.

Now I read the news selectively. If it doesn't interest me, I simply don't click it.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post