SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robber declines food stamps, gets shot.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robber declines food stamps, gets shot. Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
I don't know why I still get surprised when I read stuff like this:

quote:

BATON ROUGE – East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore said Wednesday it appears an older man was justified in shooting a home invader earlier in the morning.

The incident happened Wednesday around 1:30 a.m. in an area of Baton Rouge known as "the Bottom". Law enforcement said 40-year-old Antony Gordon of Baton Rouge tried to force his way into a home where women and children also live.

"The gentleman [victim] was at his own home with his family and was confronted by another individual who was armed. There was a scuffle which eventually led to shots being fired and the person who came to the home was shot and killed," said Moore.

Gordon lived on the other side of Baton Rouge, south of LSU. Law enforcement are trying to determine what set Gordon off as he had no violent criminal history in the parish.

The victims of the home invasion, who wished not to be identified, told WBRZ they were outside of their home when Gordon drove up and asked to use the restroom. They said Gordon then pulled a gun and demanded money.

The victims tried to offer Gordon food stamps but he wasn't satisfied. A struggle ensued resulting in the victim getting his gun and killing Gordon in self-defense.

The victims said they had never met Gordon and they don't know why he targeted their home. District Attorney Hillar Moore said the incident appears to be a random home invasion.

"I can only imagine what's going through someone's mind that's in their own home and someone's attempting to come in the house. It's got to be a really bad feeling," said Moore.

Family members of Gordon said they don't know why he was at the home. They said he was a loving father of four who worked as a barber.

Linky

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story is a little sketchy. Not the fact that it was a good shoot, but not enough details.

About 20 years ago, I was laying in bed dead asleep and hear someone banging on my front door.
I live in the country but do have a couple neighbors but we are not real close. I looked and it was 3am. I grabbed my P229 at that time and went to the window by the front door and looked out. The guy was too close to the door to see, so I cracked the window opened a little and asked what he wanted. He said he wanted to use the phone. Cell phones were not really popular at that time. I did have a wireless phone though. But the guy had a dirty white tee shirt on and appeared to be drunk or near drunk. I told him to give me the number and I would call for him. He would not have it and demanded I let him in. I pulled my pistol up high enough for him to see it, not pointing it though and told him that was not gonna happen. He walked out of my courtyard. I waited for about 10 mins and he returned and again I said if you do not want me to make a call for you get out of here as I will call the police. He stood there yelling for me to let him in as I called the Highway Patrol. They came and found him inside his car on the roadside and I saw out my bedroom window as they cuffed him and took him away.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
How embarrassed the folks there must be,we issue edb cards.They abuse it also
I am reminded of that fact every time I shop as there is always some people that pull out that damn card.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Family members of Gordon said they don't know why he was at the home. They said he was a loving father of four who worked as a barber

They forgot to add that he was turning his life around.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Weird.

Thanksgiving evening, 9:15pm, I'm in the kitchen making a cup of tea. I hear a ferocious banging at the front door. I wait 90 seconds, then go toward the front. There is a minivan driving off.

WTF. Pissed ex-GF? Lost deliveryman? Wrong house/street?

Point being anyone walking up to the house who you've never seen before is suspect.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

quote:
The incident happened Wednesday around 1:30 a.m. in an area of Baton Rouge known as "the Bottom".

Does anybody know this area? Is it a high-crime neighborhood? The bottom of what?

Posts: 27947 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Beans or bullets, he made his choice.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Never go any place called "The Bottoms."

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
by another individual who was armed.

Then it was already planned to be a shooting, eh? Roll Eyes

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post