SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saw a bobcat hanging out in my backyard today
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw a bobcat hanging out in my backyard today Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Apparently there's been quite a few sightings in the area recently. First time I've seen one in the wild. Beautiful.

"Bobcat" by the way is short for "Robertcat"...or so I've heard.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Keep your housecats and small dogs inside...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animal but I still keep CCI Quiet on hand just in case.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So cute, but probably not a good idea to pet it.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Last pix is great. Probably hunting other small critter's. Domestic or otherwise. There is a reason they hang around populated area's on the fringe's.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Hello Kitty. I've had one in my backyard too.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’d put some cat food out for it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Scary/fucking awesome!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Alan, I expected more. I figured you would have taken a pic if you petting him, or grabbing him and forcing a belly rub while in your lap. It’s just a big kitty. Smile

Seriously though, cool pics. I’m still waiting to see one in the live.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Last pix is great. Probably hunting other small critter's. Domestic or otherwise. There is a reason they hang around populated area's on the fringe's.
For sure. That tall grass/weeds are perfect for vermin and that's most likely his buffet.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wish I had a better camera, but of course I just had my cell phone. Not bad though on the fly.

My three year old was meowing at her. When I asked her if she wanted it as a pet, she said no, because it would eat her in her own house. I said, yeah, that's not cool...eating someone in her own house. She agreed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Very cool visitor and excellent pics. Great vermin removers.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That is pretty cool. He's a little guy. I've seen them back in my woods of and on but they are pretty elusive.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I bought a finger puppet down in Moab a while back. When the grand babby came to visit he was sleeping beside me. I'm guessing maybe 8 months old. My wife tossed the furry little puppet to me, so I put it on my leg, looking at him. As he was waking up he saw the thing and in one smooth move, he grabbed it and put it in his mouth. Sort of, he munched it. Hence, Robert-the-cat became one of his favorites. Mine too.

I don't think we've got them around here. Sure would be a lot of feral food for them to get fat on, including stray kids. Got tree rats they could eat.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s squirrel control in our neighborhood.
We just need more of them though.
Beautiful cats.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
To quote Jerry Clower; “It’s like a sooped up wildcat.”

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's very cool Balze. I knew we had them in No Utah but I've never seen one. I'm sure many of them have watched meBig Grin

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Looks very healthy nice specimen. We have them in our area but haven't seen one in a couple years. Since the wolves moved in. Once you have a wolf presence that's about all you'll have most everything else will vacate the area.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I hope I am not hijacking your thread but here is a shot of a bobcat I picked up on one of my game cams. I went back to that spot with a tape measure and he was just about two feet from his paw to the top of his head. That would put him around 60 pounds I figured. Damn big cat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bassamatic,

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I see their tracks a lot but extremely rarely see one in daylight. We live next to a 550,000 acre state forest so we get all manner of critters from time to time. Great photos

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post