SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hurricane Irma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Irma Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Looks like another nasty storm formed out in the Atlantic. I'm supposed to be in St. Thomas soon. Looks like that might not happen. Frown

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Most models I've seen have it turning right and cutting between the CONUS and Bermuda and back out to sea up north.

But it's still too far out to get a half decent idea of what it's going to do.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one projection/model yesterday that it had it in the Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico late next Thursday/early next Friday. Then swings towards the Bahamas and the East Coast.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'll stay home and drink.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It is certainly following a track that could threaten the east coast...it also could head out to sea....I've been through enough hurricanes I will be watching closely

When you consider the last two hurricanes to do damage in my area here in north central Virginia were

Isabel

And

Irene

I would be paying close attention to

Irma

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks BBMW for the link. Some of the more recent comments to the article mentioned that Jose may be forming off the coast of Africa right behind Irma. Heading home to visit the folks in NC this weekend, I'll check their stocks of supplies.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Weather Underground does well for tropical weather info.

posted Hide Post
One of the tracks shows it coming to Sault Ste. Marie.
As snow, I would guess. We have a frost warning for tonight.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I alerted two brothers down South; maybe we'll make a run to stock our parents' pantry Saturday.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Right now, it would be nothing but shear dumb luck for any particular area to get nailed. I'd give it another few days until the tip of the five day cone is pointing in someones general direction.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I alerted two brothers down South; maybe we'll make a run to stock our parents' pantry Saturday.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone and their brother is in the forecasting game. If you try and extrapolate anything from these models, 90+% seem to have it turning out to sea and running up the coast and back east. One into the gulf, one to FL, odds are it's going to miss CONUS

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Looks like everyone and their brother is in the forecasting game. If you try and extrapolate anything from these models, 90+% seem to have it turning out to sea and running up the coast and back east. One into the gulf, one to FL, odds are it's going to miss CONUS

[IMG]https://s.w-x.co/wu/gfs-aug31.png[IMG]

At this point anything is possible. Won't have a better idea until next week sometime.

The chance of it hitting up here in NJ/PA area is really slim but we really don't need anymore rain, especially from the remnants of a tropical storm.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post