SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Maher: We need to learn to live with people we disagree with
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Bill Maher: We need to learn to live with people we disagree with Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I structured this thread badly. I didn't intend for it to be a thread about Bill Maher-- whom I can't stand. Here is what I had in mind, from the OP:

"So, I guess that is the main point of this thread: Do not wish for civil war, do not imagine that it would be short and sweet. It would be far more protracted and far more horrible than you imagine. Think about what we can do to avoid it, and act accordingly."

I intended it to be the growing imminence of civil war, and what we might possibly be able to do to avoid it.

My fault. I should have gone with a section of the video of Jordan Peterson that I linked.

If I could lock it, I would.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The time for civility is long over.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
"I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight!"
--John Paul Jones, 1779

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
If I could lock it, I would.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post