SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actors/Actresses That Will Make You Watch a Movie?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actors/Actresses That Will Make You Watch a Movie? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Although there are a lot of talented actors/actresses none of them inspire me enough to spend my money going to see them in a movie.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Didn't say alive or dead so... Clint Eastwood, Jimmy Stewart, Paul Neuman, Steve McQueen.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Make? No. Nudge yes.

Jeremy Renner
Harold Perrineu
Javier Bardem

Directors
Christopher Nolan
Sam Mendes
Clint Eastwood

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
Tom Hanks or Kurt Russell

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Didn't say alive or dead so... Clint Eastwood, Jimmy Stewart, Paul Neuman, Steve McQueen.

When I stated "current" I meant those who are still making movies.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Clint Eastwood

Is still making movies, is he not?

2019 Richard Jewell
2018 The 15:17 to Paris
2018 The Mule
2016 Sully
2014 American Sniper
2008 Grand Torino

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Lucy Liu

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No, but there are plenty of them that would make me not go.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Clint
The Rock

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I never missed a Raquel Welch movie back in the day. Razz

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
None, in this day and age.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The more Actors & actresses divulge about their political & spiritual beliefs, the less interest I have with them.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I do not go to movie theatres anymore, with the sole exception of the time I went with my wife and granddaughter to see the "The Secret Lives of Pets 2" a year ago or so.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I tend to watch movies and shows based on what the premise or content, or genre is,

not so much because of who is cast,

I have actually avoided a few movies with certain actors in them,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Just two for me. Clint Eastwood and Jeremy Renner.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Maybe Gene Hackman. Anthony Hopkins. But likely not even they could get me in a theater.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I haven’t been to the cinemas since I was still married, about 12 years ago, so I thought of actors which I’d seek out on my DirecTV offerings in this day and age.

Looking through the names listed so far, I agree with a few, like Denzel Washington, and Jeremy Renner.
A couple that I didn’t see listed that I like are Morgan Freeman and Amanda Peet.

I’m more into the older, golden age names.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom Hardy

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Airpusher mentioned mine: Tom Hanks and Kurt Russell. I'd also say I still enjoy Patrick Swayze movies, and Sam Elliot gets my attention.

Not an actor, but a director: Ridley Scott's movies are a must-see for me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can't think of any myself. I did once think that way. The role, and more broadly the overall quality of the film, is more important. Even the best actors drop a turd now and then. I liked, for example, Bruce Willis in Die Hard (a film recently added to the National Film Registry), but he couldn't salvage Hudson Hawk, and most of his other films are "just OK." If an actor has enough bad roles, he or she will soon become relegated to minor roles, even unemployable altogether.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post