SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actors/Actresses That Will Make You Watch a Movie?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actors/Actresses That Will Make You Watch a Movie? Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
Are there any current actors or actresses you like so much that their appearance in a movie will cause you to to go see it?

For me, it would be:

Denzel Washington
Robert Duvall

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Jennifer Lawrence

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Three actresses will make/have made me see all their films when they're released in the theater if possible:

3. Natalie Portman
2. Saoirse Ronan
1. Kate Winslet.

Nat I've seen in every theatrically released film since Leon - The Professional and Kate I've seen in every film since Heavenly Creatures, both in 1994. Sirsh I've only seen in every theatrical movie since The Lovely Bones in 2009.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Not really.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Tom Cruise or Denzel Washington

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there any current actors or actresses you like so much that their appearance in a movie will cause you to to go see it?

There are none. But, if Charlton Heston were alive today and still acting, I would see his movie.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Several that will bias me more strongly in the direction of considering it, anyway.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jenna Haze.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
No.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Usually the A-Listers get good scripts and that is just as important.
So it is that combo that makes me consider watching.
Also sometimes it is more enjoyable to have all no-names if the script is decent.
That way you can get a fresh look without any pre-conceived ideas.
Overall I am not that picky and will give most anything a shot if it looks worthy regardless of the billing.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Not really, but directors. Christopher Nolan, Jordan Peele, Quentin, although I still have not seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Scorcese, but have not yet seen the Irishman.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Jennifer Connelly

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Dwayne Johnson

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
None alive today.

Posts: 2007 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Toshiro Mfume
Dean Shek
Lee Van Cleef
Jackie Chan

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Won't compel me but will draw interest.

Kim Ji-Won
Kim Go-Eun
Morena Baccarin
Alexa Davalos
Rebecca Ferguson
Daniel Craig
Lee Byung-Hun
Clint Eastwood
Park Seo-Joon

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
None

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Isn’t there another forum for this?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/720601935

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Rosamund Pike (already cast as Moraine in Amazon Prime's Wheel of Time)
Jennifer Connelly
Jennifer Lawrence
Danzel Washington
Uma Thurmond
Kiera Knightly
Hugo Weaving
Ian McKellen
Cate Blanchet
Jason Momoa
Don Cheadle
Liam Neeson
John Phoenix

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blake Lively
Ed Harris

Posts: 3902 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post