SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Computer Help Needed -- Automatic Update and Now Previews of Image Files and Folders Messed Up!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer Help Needed -- Automatic Update and Now Previews of Image Files and Folders Messed Up! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Final Update: Because I'm tired of forking with it...

Ran the latest Win10 updates, rebooted, no joy. Ran the Icon & Thumbnail repair program again... no joy. Made sure all "view" settings were correct, and that I had the default program set properly... no joy.

I'm done with it! Will just deal with it until I get a replacement... or somebody here comes up with a different idea that hasn't been tried yet!

Thanks again for everyone's input!!!

Same problem here. I don't like Win 10 and don't understand how it works.
This is what fixed it for me;
Go to Graphics Settings, Performance Preference, choose Classic App, System Default = Photo.
I now see all my Pic thumbnails.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 251 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJM:
<<snip>>

Same problem here. I don't like Win 10 and don't understand how it works.
This is what fixed it for me;
Go to Graphics Settings, Performance Preference, choose Classic App, System Default = Photo.
I now see all my Pic thumbnails.

Just tried that... no change.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Every GUI setting you've tried that several have suggested, hasn't worked for you. I'm thinking since changing or checking settings isn't helping ... you may have a corrupt registry or at a minimum there is a registry setting messed up or in conflict with other settings.

If you're willing to give it a try, here is a link suggesting several possible solutions to fix a corrupt registry ... https://windowsreport.com/corrupt-registry-windows-8/

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i might have missed it but is this a win10 laptop or former win7?

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Every GUI setting you've tried that several have suggested, hasn't worked for you. I'm thinking since changing or checking settings isn't helping ... you may have a corrupt registry or at a minimum there is a registry setting messed up or in conflict with other settings.

If you're willing to give it a try, here is a link suggesting several possible solutions to fix a corrupt registry ... https://windowsreport.com/corrupt-registry-windows-8/

Thanks! Will try that and see what happens...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i might have missed it but is this a win10 laptop or former win7?

Win 10

Bill R.
North Alabama