SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who's Zooming?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's Zooming? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
I've zoomed with friends, with business associates and family. It works very well! I was with 22 business friends discussing our industry and worked out so well.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I did it the other night. I found out that if you wear the right clothes and pick the right background you can ghost in and out of the display. I used that to amuse myself while my girlfriend talked to her friends.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I just downloaded and completed my first Zoom meeting 10 min ago. I was impressed by how smoothly it went. That's great, b/c I dumped Skype when MS took it over.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I haven't used it, but my daughter has been using it for her college classes. She says it is rather nifty and works as designed.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Any privacy or data mining concerns? Same as skype, webex (for consumer usages, not corp)?

Just the normal question in the context of: if a product is free, then you are the product. If gtg, then maybe I'll give it a try.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
My daughter is going to be using it for classes also. She says it works pretty well.

Also have friends in real estate who have been using it for meetings and have reported that it works very smoothly

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
My aikido dojo has gone to Zoom classes. Unfortunately I missed the first session yesterday due to illness (not a virus! Have an abscessed molar). Heard it went pretty well all things considered. Hopefully I can make the second installment tomorrow.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used it last night to get my daughter to her ballet class. It worked well.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I had never even heard of it until 8 days ago. I am on day 7 and am an expert now. Hosting meetings with friends in 6 states now.

I am sure big brother can watch everything if they want to. There are a bunch of privacy and do not record settings I have turned on to at least keep privacy from most folks.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Oh great, now I have the frik'in Zoom theme song stuck in my head.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been using Defense Collaboration Services (DCS) for most of our work from home needs, but today we used Zoom for a small meeting and I thought it was great. Some of the group had a few issues with muting and unmuting but for a free app I think it's great.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I use it for work. My 6 year old uses it to connect with his friends. I think his class will begin using it next week as well.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
My son is using it for his piano lessons. My daughter is doing her PTSD counseling sessions using it starting Friday.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I was Zooming often before, now it is nearly constant.

Posts: 11356 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
1st time today.
My kindergartener had a 30 minute lesson. What a freaking nightmare!!!!!!
19 Kindergarteners on all at the same time.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I have not 'Zoomed' but my son's high school here in NH (Pinkerton Academy) is using Zoom for the Remote Learning Program they rolled out last week for 3400 students. From what I've seen, Zoom is very capable platform and the AV works well. I was also impressed with the options to toggle Video off and the other Privacy features, which I'm sure are viewed very favorably by schools, parents & students alike.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
We have it loaded on the home system, seems to work well. I use Skype For Business at work.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
Our classes at my school are going to incorporate Zoom with Canvas for our distance learning for the rest of the semester. I attended my first training webinar today. It seems to work pretty well. Better than my experience with Skype.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I just finished my second year working for Zoom. I love it here. Zoom is considered one of the best places to work in America. I Zoom all day long!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post