SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Leaves are peaking here
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaves are peaking here Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Nice pic Jeff! Dropped it into lightroom for ya Smile

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous, gotta be NC!

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thank you Deqlyn.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I need to look into Lightroom, wow. Is it usable by a novice?

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
There is a learning curve, but it's way easier to use than Photoshop; you can do neat stuff with it, I wouldn't be without it (as a not-serious amateur photographer). Trouble is Adobe's subscription model for their software, you have to pay a monthly fee.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yes very usable. In this case I just hit "auto adjust" then jammed up the vibrance which boosts the colors. Probably too much as Im guessing the real thing wasnt quite that colorful and contrasting. But auto fixes about 90% of my cellphone pics.

If you can slide a digital bar, you can use lightroom. The hardest part is saving the stuff. They finally renamed the export button to save in the new update.

Just noticed you caught a nice snap of leaves falling to the left of the chairs in the shadow. Really great pic.

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My wife and I own property in Mountain City not to far from you. We were up there last year during the fall and it was beautiful.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Jeff how is your lifestyle change going? I think that thread dropped off and Ive been meaning to ask.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Jeff how is your lifestyle change going? I think that thread dropped off and Ive been meaning to ask.

Doing well, thank you for asking. I’m halfway to my goal havi;g lost 46 pounds so far.

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I came up Sampson Road last Friday and it was just starting to color up. I love it up there. We noticed some places for sale nearby, and my wife and I are talking about buying something up there to put a camper on for the weekends.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, that is just about where we are at as well. My favorite time of year.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Brevard next Thu-Sunday for some much needed mountain biking time, can't wait!

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Makes me think of the old Commander Cody song "Those old Kentucky hills of Tennessee"

Love the color but hate what follows fall. Leaves are dropping pretty fast in Louisville so yesterday I put gutter guards on my house. Bought gutterglove brand from Costco and job turned out pretty good.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
N.E. Georgia had nothing to offer last weekend. I believe the winds from that hurricane stripped leaves off every poplar tree in Rabun county. We did drive the Coweeta Lab Road though and saw some color.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Love it Jeff! Wish I could make it to the mountains this year. I still want to visit your store. You hooked me up with Panthers tickets two years ago in one of your karma's.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Ah, hmmmm, what picture? Confused

3 hours later: pic pops up. Very nice pic! That lightroom perks it up considerably.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ggile,

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is it me, or are the leaves turning a couple of weeks later than usual? They are just now starting to fall significantly.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Is it me, or are the leaves turning a couple of weeks later than usual? They are just now starting to fall significantly.

Up here it seems that it started late and is changing faster than normal.